Topics

Acumos TSC Meeting Minutes - April 29, 2019


Jacqueline Z Cardoso
 

Acumos TSC Community, 

Please see below text copy of the minutes for the April 29, 2019 Acumos TSC meeting. All agendas, minutes, and zoom recordings can be found on the Acumos TSC Wiki. Please review and reach out with any questions/comments.

The agenda for next week's meeting is posted to the Acumos TSC Wiki. Please email acumosai-tsc@... with requests to add additional topics to the agenda.

Thank you,
Jacqueline 

Jacqueline Serafin
Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 676-1127 (m)
Regular Hours: 6am-3pm PT

2019 04 29

Zoom Recording

Agenda:

  1. Confirm minutes owner for today and next meeting 
  2. Roll Call & Quorum Check 
  3. Review and Agree to Minutes of Previous Meetings
  4. Review of Today's Agenda
  5. Status of Open Action Items (Old Business)
    1. Marketing/Growth of Acumos AI Community: Update from Outreach Committee
      1. Strategic Positioning of the Acumos AI Project
    2. TSC Elections - Jessica 
      1. Next round of elections planned for effective date of June 3, 2019. Reference Community Governance wiki page for processes.
  6. Standing Agenda Items (Brief Status of Ongoing Activities)
    1. Release Manager/Release Planning: Weekly TSC Scheduling - Nat
      1. Boreas Release 
      2. Clio Release
    2. Report out from PTL: Stand-Up & Report Out on Blockers
    3. Test & Integration Planning - Ken 

    4. Report Out of Sub-Committees
      1. Community (Product) Committee - Ofer
      2. Architecture Committee - Manoop 
        1. User Interface and User Experience
      3. Security Committee - Bryan
  7. New Agenda Items (New Business): New Items Submitted (+speaker) & Open Call to TSC For Additional Items 

    1. TSC vote on Clio release - Nat
    2. TSC Meeting Management (email details) - Training session for Meeting Coordinators on April 26. New meeting management ownership effective April 29 meeting. - Jacqueline 
    3. Training PTL Replacement - Anwar
    4. Docs PTL Replacement - Anwar
  8. Planning for Next Meeting
  9. Open Discussion
  10. Any Other Business (AOB)
  11. Meeting Summary (resolutions, new action items, etc.)

Minutes:

  • TSC Meeting Coordinator and Minutes Owner:

    • Today's meeting: Jacqueline Serafin, LF

    • Next meeting: Ofer Hermoni
  • TSC Voting Members Attendance:

Company

Contact Name

Attendance

Alternate Contact

Attendance

Amdocs

Ofer Hermoni

x

Daniel Sela


AT&T

Anwar Aftab

x



*Baidu

Xin Pan




Ericsson

Nimish Radia

x



Huawei

Jessica Kim

x



Nokia

Pantelis Monogioudis

x



Tech Mahindra

Nat Subramanian

x

Sarang Deotale


*Tencent

Xiaolong Zhu




ZTE

Bingtao Han


Wei Meng

x


*Excluded from roll call and quorum due to attendance policy (see above). 

  • The minutes of the prior meeting were reviewed, and there were no comments, questions or corrections. On motion made by Ofer and seconded by Jessica,the minutes of the April 22, 2019 meeting were the approved by the TSC members. 

    • VOTE: Vote taken, item passed.

  • Status of Open Action Items (Old Business)
    • Marketing/Growth of Acumos AI Community: Update from Outreach Committee
      • Strategic Positioning of the Acumos AI Project
      • Nat: Renaming to LF AI expected to be approved by next week.
    • TSC Elections - Jessica 
    • Next round of elections planned for effective date of June 3, 2019. Reference Community Governance wiki page for processes.
  • Standing Agenda Items (Brief Status of Ongoing Activities)

    • Release Manager/Release Planning: Weekly TSC Scheduling - Nat

      • Boreas Release - Got build over the weekend, reviewing, no major items or blockers. Asking PTL’s and Leads for any issues. 

      • ACTION: All, please raise any issues ASAP.

      • ACTION: All teams, please submit info for code freeze.

      • Nifi is not included. Still working on that item to be ready for testing item to be released as an additional release. 

      • Kubernetes Nifi deployment is expected by training team in about 2 weeks. 

      • Anwar: Reminder that PTL’s need to own their items, including follow up of any issues. 

      • ACTION: Nat is going to follow up on pending items.

      • Farheen will assist with documentation for release.

    • Clio Release 

      • MOTION: First motion by Nat and seconded by Ofer to approve Clio release schedule as presented

        • VOTE: Approved.
      • Ofer: Didn’t get much input from community in terms of long term initiatives for Clio. 

        • ACTION: Please submit input to Ofer to best plan for the release. 

        • AT&T - Anwar - Integration with ONAP, big code base from CMLP partners integrating, integration with RIC.

        • Huawei - Jessica - Already shared priorities.

        • Orange - Philippe - C++ support for EU project, added other ideas on wiki such as git system to be able to retrieve code and push directly to Acumos, feature for training to create code template with dependencies for acumos which users can choose as installs with code included. 

        • ZTE - Nothing shared.

        • Ericsson - Nimish - Working on ONAP integration and Federation work.

    • Report out from PTL: Stand-Up & Report Out on Blockers

    • Test & Integration Planning - Ken

      • Finished Sprint 5 test cases, 79 total. Working through those items. 

    • Report Out of Sub-Committees

      • Community (Product) Committee - Ofer

        • Reminder of workshop this Friday. Other items covered earlier. 

      • Architecture Committee - Manoop

        • User Interface and User Experience

        • Architecture call will address open issues. 

          • ACTION: Manoop to please follow up prior to meeting the plans for Nifi open items.

      • Security Committee - Bryan

  • New Agenda Items (New Business): New Items Submitted (+speaker) & Open Call to TSC For Additional Items

    • Workshop in Geneva Switzerland for ML in 5G Network, June 17th - Looking for presenters for the workshop - Wei Meng 

      • ACTION: Wei Meng to send information to TSC mail list to further discuss options.

    • AI for EU - Anwar - Acumos selected for this project. 

    • Murali Vuppari replacing Deepti - Nat

      • Needs Acumos admin access and approval from TSC for LF to process.

        • No objections from the TSC, confirmed. 

    • TSC vote on Clio release - Nat

      • Vote noted above under release management section.

    • TSC Meeting Management Changes (email details) - Jacqueline

      • Training session for Meeting Coordinators on April 26. New meeting management ownership effective April 29 meeting.

        • Email sent to TSC mail list with information. 

    • Training PTL Replacement - Anwar

      • Deferred to following meeting.

    • Docs PTL Replacement - Anwar

      • Deferred to following meeting.