Date

Updated deck for tomorrow's ODPi Data Governance PMC meeting

John Mertic

Hi everyone,

Please see the following updated deck, including a few new members to the group:

Andy Petrella
Kensu
Subash Dsouza
Warner Brothers
Laurie Dewey
Progressive Insurance

Look forward to the call tomorrow morning at 9am ET/6am PT

Thank you,

John Mertic
Director of Program Management - Linux Foundation - ODPi, R Consortium, and Open Mainframe Project
+1 234-738-4571
Schedule time with me at https://calendly.com/jmertic

Re: From Spain

John Mertic

No worries! CCing the email list to let everyone know.

Thank you,

John Mertic
Director of Program Management - Linux Foundation - ODPi, R Consortium, and Open Mainframe Project
+1 234-738-4571
Schedule time with me at https://calendly.com/jmertic

On Oct 20, 2017, at 8:33 AM, Andy Petrella <andy.petrella@...> wrote:

Hello John,

I am sorry I’m in Spain today and have a rather insane day full of meetings... I hoped I could join for my first participation today but it’s likely to not happen. It’s a pity

Could you please excuse me to the team? I’ll carch up later and do my best to free the slot next week!

Thanks a lot
Best

Andy

Re: ODPi JIRA

John Mertic

(adding the mailing list on CC)

Procedure for this is on the wiki….

Thank you,

John Mertic
Director of Program Management - Linux Foundation - ODPi, R Consortium, and Open Mainframe Project
+1 234-738-4571
Schedule time with me at https://calendly.com/jmertic

On Oct 20, 2017, at 10:04 AM, Alan Gates <gates@...> wrote:

https://jira.odpi.org/

I believe you need to have a LinuxFoundation account to login.  If you don't have one John can help you get one.

Alan.

Data Governance PMC Meeting Minutes - 20th October 2017

Mandy Chessell

Dear All,
Below are the minutes of the Data Governance PMC Meeting Held on 20th October 2017

Attendees:
  • Mandy Chessell - IBM
  • John Mertic - ODPi
  • Alan Gates - HortonWorks
  • Laurie Dewey - Progressive Insurance
  • Subash DSouza - Warner Brothers
  • Srikanth Venkat - HortonWorks
  • Susan Malaika - IBM
  • Madhan Neethiraj - HortonWorks
  1. Discussion on how we work together and recruit new members
  2. Review of the privacy package proposal
    • How do we break down the privacy package into small deliverables to help people accelerate their privacy program?
    • Srikanth will look into defining small discovery services  we could work on.
    • Can we divide out the policies and other artifacts into small deliverables.
    • Perhaps the UI/API/Model should be divided vertically to support simple use cases.
Actions:
  • Srikanth and Susan to work with Greg Wallace from the ODPi on a landing page for the Data Governance PMC.  This will link to our GitHub project and jiras.
  • Mandy to set up GitHub landing page
  • Mandy to set up top level Jira for privacy package to allow us to start working out back log.

All the best
Mandy
Mandy Chessell CBE FREng CEng FBCS
IBM Distinguished Engineer

Master Inventor
Member of the IBM Academy of Technology
Visiting Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Sheffield

Email: mandy_chessell@...
LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mandy-chessell/22/897/a49

Assistant: Janet Brooks - jsbrooks12@...

Re: [odpi-pmc-datagovernance] Data Governance PMC Meeting Minutes - 20th October 2017

John Mertic

Hey Mandy!

I had made a wiki page under the specs wiki for the work thus far - should we migrate over to the data governance repo?

On Oct 20, 2017, at 11:12 AM, Mandy Chessell <mandy_chessell@...> wrote:

[...]

Event: Data Governance PMC meeting, Friday, 27 October 2017 #cal-invite

odpi-pmc-datagovernance@lists.odpi.org Calendar <odpi-pmc-datagovernance@...>

Data Governance PMC meeting

When:
Friday, 27 October 2017
6:00am to 7:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/671121901

An RSVP is requested. Are you going?

Data Governance PMC meeting

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States (Toll Free): 1 877 568 4106
United States: +1 (312) 757-3126

Access Code: 671-121-901

More phone numbers
Canada (Toll Free): 1 888 455 1389
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9410
Germany (Toll Free): 0 800 184 4222
Germany: +49 692 5736 7317
United Kingdom (Toll Free): 0 800 031 4744
United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5028

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

Data Governance PMC meeting, Fri, 10/27/17 6:00am-7:00am #cal-reminder

odpi-pmc-datagovernance@lists.odpi.org Calendar <odpi-pmc-datagovernance@...>

Reminder:
Data Governance PMC meeting

When:
Friday, 27 October 2017
6:00am to 7:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/671121901

Data Governance PMC meeting

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States (Toll Free): 1 877 568 4106
United States: +1 (312) 757-3126

Access Code: 671-121-901

More phone numbers
Canada (Toll Free): 1 888 455 1389
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9410
Germany (Toll Free): 0 800 184 4222
Germany: +49 692 5736 7317
United Kingdom (Toll Free): 0 800 031 4744
United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5028

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

An RSVP is requested. View Event.

Data Governance PMC meeting, Fri, 10/27/17 #cal-notice

odpi-pmc-datagovernance@lists.odpi.org Calendar <noreply@...>

Data Governance PMC meeting

When:
Friday, 27 October 2017
6:00am to 7:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/671121901

Data Governance PMC meeting

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States (Toll Free): 1 877 568 4106
United States: +1 (312) 757-3126

Access Code: 671-121-901

More phone numbers
Canada (Toll Free): 1 888 455 1389
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9410
Germany (Toll Free): 0 800 184 4222
Germany: +49 692 5736 7317
United Kingdom (Toll Free): 0 800 031 4744
United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5028

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

Event: ODPi Data Governance PMC - Weekly Meeting, Friday, 3 November 2017 #cal-invite

odpi-pmc-datagovernance@lists.odpi.org Calendar <odpi-pmc-datagovernance@...>

ODPi Data Governance PMC - Weekly Meeting

When:
Friday, 3 November 2017
6:00am to 7:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/671121901

Agenda to be sent via email 48 hours prior to the meeting.

Data Governance PMC meeting

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/671121901

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States (Toll Free): 1 877 568 4106
United States: +1 (312) 757-3126

Access Code: 671-121-901

More phone numbers
Canada (Toll Free): 1 888 455 1389
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9410
Germany (Toll Free): 0 800 184 4222
Germany: +49 692 5736 7317
United Kingdom (Toll Free): 0 800 031 4744
United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5028

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

[odpi-pmc-datagovernance] Event: ODPi Data Governance PMC - Weekly Meeting, Friday, 3 November 2017 #cal-invite

John Mertic

Hi everyone!

Apologizes for all the confusion on today’s call - we will definitely make sure this is corrected going forward.

Can all of you confirm the you have received the below invite correctly? Please delete any other invites titled 'Data Governance PMC meeting’ as this invite will replace that.

Thank you,

John Mertic
Director of Program Management - Linux Foundation - ODPi, R Consortium, and Open Mainframe Project
+1 234-738-4571
Schedule time with me at https://calendly.com/jmertic

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: [odpi-pmc-datagovernance] Event: ODPi Data Governance PMC - Weekly Meeting, Friday, 3 November 2017 #cal-invite
Date: October 27, 2017 at 9:27:15 AM EDT

ODPi Data Governance PMC - Weekly Meeting

When:
Friday, 3 November 2017
6:00am to 7:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/671121901

Agenda to be sent via email 48 hours prior to the meeting.

Data Governance PMC meeting

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States (Toll Free): 1 877 568 4106
United States: +1 (312) 757-3126

Access Code: 671-121-901

More phone numbers
Canada (Toll Free): 1 888 455 1389
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9410
Germany (Toll Free): 0 800 184 4222
Germany: +49 692 5736 7317
United Kingdom (Toll Free): 0 800 031 4744
United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5028

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

Re: [odpi-pmc-datagovernance] Event: ODPi Data Governance PMC - Weekly Meeting, Friday, 3 November 2017 #cal-invite

Laurie E Dewey

That is showing up as 10am ET for me.

Laurie Dewey IT Domain Architect CDMP

Enterprise Data Management Enterprise Architecture Management

Office: 719.432.1920 Mobile: 719.291.8313

Data and Analytics Signature

Date: October 27, 2017 at 9:27:15 AM EDT

[...]

I’m going to work with groups.io support to figure this out - thanks for letting me know.

Date: October 27, 2017 at 9:27:15 AM EDT

[...]

Subash D'Souza

John,

Is the plan to always do it at 6 in the morning Pacific? It's a bit early. Is it possible to move it to 8 AM pacific?

Thanks
Subash

Date: October 27, 2017 at 9:27:15 AM EDT

ODPi Data Governance PMC - Weekly Meeting
When:
Friday, 3 November 2017
6:00am to 7:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles
Agenda to be sent via email 48 hours prior to the meeting.

Data Governance PMC meeting

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States (Toll Free): 1 877 568 4106
United States: +1 (312) 757-3126

Access Code: 671-121-901

More phone numbers
Canada (Toll Free): 1 888 455 1389
Germany (Toll Free): 0 800 184 4222
United Kingdom (Toll Free): 0 800 031 4744
United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5028

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

Re: [odpi-pmc-datagovernance] Event: ODPi Data Governance PMC - Weekly Meeting, Friday, 3 November 2017 #cal-invite

John Mertic

I think that has been the initial plan, but perhaps might make sense to shift around going forward.

@all, any objections?

Date: October 27, 2017 at 9:27:15 AM EDT

ODPi Data Governance PMC - Weekly Meeting
When:
Friday, 3 November 2017
6:00am to 7:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles
Agenda to be sent via email 48 hours prior to the meeting.

Data Governance PMC meeting

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States (Toll Free): 1 877 568 4106
United States: +1 (312) 757-3126

Access Code: 671-121-901

More phone numbers
Canada (Toll Free): 1 888 455 1389
Germany (Toll Free): 0 800 184 4222
Germany: +49 692 5736 7317
United Kingdom (Toll Free): 0 800 031 4744
United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5028

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

Re: [odpi-pmc-datagovernance] Event: ODPi Data Governance PMC - Weekly Meeting, Friday, 3 November 2017 #cal-invite

Susan Malaika

My new calendar entry still says 2am US Eastern!

Date: October 27, 2017 at 9:27:15 AM EDT

ODPi Data Governance PMC - Weekly Meeting
When:
Friday, 3 November 2017
6:00am to 7:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles
Agenda to be sent via email 48 hours prior to the meeting.

Data Governance PMC meeting

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States (Toll Free): 1 877 568 4106
United States: +1 (312) 757-3126

Access Code: 671-121-901

More phone numbers
Canada (Toll Free): 1 888 455 1389
Germany (Toll Free): 0 800 184 4222
United Kingdom (Toll Free): 0 800 031 4744
United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5028

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

Re: [odpi-pmc-datagovernance] Data Governance PMC Meeting Minutes - 20th October 2017

Susan Malaika

As indicated in the minutes below I've created a first rough draft of a landing page - It is too long, but now there is something to edit or comment on.
Happy to turn it into a wiki page or something easier to edit by the group
Please send feedback & let me know where you would like me to post
Susan Malaika

[...]

No objections on a time change from me.

Date: October 27, 2017 at 9:27:15 AM EDT

[...]

Can others chime in here - particularly Mandy, Srikanth, and Alan?

Date: October 27, 2017 at 9:27:15 AM EDT

ODPi Data Governance PMC - Weekly Meeting
When:
Friday, 3 November 2017
6:00am to 7:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles
Agenda to be sent via email 48 hours prior to the meeting.

Data Governance PMC meeting

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States (Toll Free): 1 877 568 4106
United States: +1 (312) 757-3126

Access Code: 671-121-901

More phone numbers
Canada (Toll Free): 1 888 455 1389
Germany (Toll Free): 0 800 184 4222
Germany: +49 692 5736 7317
United Kingdom (Toll Free): 0 800 031 4744
United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5028

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

Re: [odpi-pmc-datagovernance] Event: ODPi Data Governance PMC - Weekly Meeting, Friday, 3 November 2017 #cal-invite

Scheepers, F.N.L. (Ferd)

Making it 2 hours later makes it Friday evening for me. Not my favourite time to work J

Ferd

Met vriendelijke groet/Kind Regards,

Ferd Scheepers

Chief Information Architect.

ING Ops&IT Banking

Location HBP A.02.053

M +31 652717200

E ferd.scheepers@...

Appointments via Maria Vedder

M: +31 6630971260

E: Maria.Vedder@...

Date: October 27, 2017 at 9:27:15 AM EDT

ODPi Data Governance PMC - Weekly Meeting

When:
Friday, 3 November 2017
6:00am to 7:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Agenda to be sent via email 48 hours prior to the meeting.

Data Governance PMC meeting

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States (Toll Free): 1 877 568 4106

United States: +1 (312) 757-3126

Access Code: 671-121-901

More phone numbers

Canada (Toll Free): 1 888 455 1389

Canada: +1 (647) 497-9410

Germany (Toll Free): 0 800 184 4222

Germany: +49 692 5736 7317

United Kingdom (Toll Free): 0 800 031 4744

United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5028

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

ATTENTION:
The information in this e-mail is confidential and only meant for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, don't use or disclose it in any way. Please let the sender know and delete the message immediately.

Re: [odpi-pmc-datagovernance] Event: ODPi Data Governance PMC - Weekly Meeting, Friday, 3 November 2017 #cal-invite

Mandy Chessell

I am ok with the time change