Date

Re: [odpi-pmc-datagovernance] Egeria logo

Scheepers, F.N.L. (Ferd)

Just as I thought we had an agreement J

I personally don’t mind the skincare association. People associate it with luxury, not a bad one.

I think option 2 is too generic, hard for me to associate a drop with meta data. I would associate it with a data leak, not my favourite.

Ferd

Met vriendelijke groet/Kind Regards,

Ferd Scheepers

Chief Information Architect.

Tech/ EA&I

Location HBP A.02.053

M +31 652717200

E ferd.scheepers@...

Appointments via Maria Vedder

M: +31 6630971260

From: "Strelchuk, M. (Maryna) via Lists.Odpi.Org" <Maryna.Strelchuk=ing.com@...>
To: "odpi-pmc-datagovernance@..." <odpi-pmc-datagovernance@...>
Cc: John Mertic <jmertic@...>, Mike Schultz <mimike@...>, "Ackermans, G. (Guillaume)" <Guy.Ackermans@...>, "Otelea, D. (Daniela)" <Daniela.Otelea@...>, "Sava, B.M. (Bogdan - Mihail)" <Bogdan-Mihail.Sava@...>, "Zhou, J. (Jing)" <Jing.Zhou@...>, "Rosu, R.G. (Ruxandra - Gabriela)" <Ruxandra-Gabriela.Rosu@...>, "Fliert, C.R. van de (Kees)" <Kees.van.de.Fliert@...>, "Nastase, C. (Constantin)" <Constantin.Nastase@...>, "maemalynn@..." <maemalynn@...>
Date: 07/30/2018 11:57 AM
Sent by: odpi-pmc-datagovernance@...

Hi everyone,

Thank you for sending out logo options.

I have mixed opinion. I like 3rd as a logo concept. However, it makes me think of a skincare product rather than the Metadata/Data/Open source project, so I do not necessarily associate Egeria with what we are doing.
The 2nd one, perhaps a bit less elegant and more on the standard side, but has more association with open source project for me.

Kind Regards / Met vriendelijke groet,

Maryna Strelchuk

Information Architect
ING Tech

M +31 (0)6 23 79 33 61
E Maryna.Strelchuk@...

From: <odpi-pmc-datagovernance@...> on behalf of Maemalynn Meanor <maemalynn@...>
Date:
Monday, 30 July 2018 at 15:44
To:
"odpi-pmc-datagovernance@..." <odpi-pmc-datagovernance@...>
Cc:
John Mertic <jmertic@...>, Mike Schultz <mimike@...>
Re: [odpi-pmc-datagovernance] Egeria logo

Thank you to everyone who has responded thus far. It sounds like the third logo is everyone’s favorite.

If you haven’t yet shared your thoughts, please do so by August 1. We’ll be working with the designer to finalize the logo and begin adding it to the website and materials then.

Thanks so much,
Mae

Maemalynn Meanor
PR Manager
The Linux Foundation
Maemalynn@...
(602) 541-0356
Skype: Maemalynn

On Jul 30, 2018, at 3:31 AM, Scheepers, F.N.L. (Ferd) via Lists.Odpi.Org <ferd.scheepers=ing.com@...> wrote:

Somehow missed this conversation on my phone, weird.
I also like the third logo, very simple and elegant.

Ferd

<image001.png>

From: <odpi-pmc-datagovernance@...> on behalf of Maemalynn Meanor <maemalynn@...>
Date:
Monday, 30 July 2018 at 15:44
To:
"odpi-pmc-datagovernance@..." <odpi-pmc-datagovernance@...>
Cc:
[...]

Mandy Chessell

I prefer 3 for its elegance - and it is different - however I could live with 2 :)

All the best
Mandy
Mandy Chessell CBE FREng CEng FBCS
IBM Distinguished Engineer

Master Inventor
Member of the IBM Academy of Technology
Visiting Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Sheffield

Email: mandy_chessell@...
LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mandy-chessell/22/897/a49

Assistant: Janet Brooks - jsbrooks12@...

From:        "Fliert, C.R. van de (Kees) via Lists.Odpi.Org" <kees.van.de.fliert=ing.com@...>
To:        "Sava, B.M. (Bogdan - Mihail)" <Bogdan-Mihail.Sava@...>, "Strelchuk, M. (Maryna)" <Maryna.Strelchuk@...>, "odpi-pmc-datagovernance@..." <odpi-pmc-datagovernance@...>
Cc:        John Mertic <jmertic@...>, Mike Schultz <mimike@...>, "Ackermans, G. (Guillaume)" <Guy.Ackermans@...>, "Otelea, D. (Daniela)" <Daniela.Otelea@...>, "Zhou, J. (Jing)" <Jing.Zhou@...>, "Rosu, R.G. (Ruxandra - Gabriela)" <Ruxandra-Gabriela.Rosu@...>, "Nastase, C. (Constantin)" <Constantin.Nastase@...>, "maemalynn@..." <maemalynn@...>
Date:        30/07/2018 16:09
Sent by:        odpi-pmc-datagovernance@...

Haha, I did not have that association before but I definitely see it now. Regardless, I still have a slight preference for the 3rd option because it’s less standard/corporate but still elegant.

Kind regards,
Kees

From: Bogdan - Mihail Sava <Bogdan-Mihail.Sava@...>
Date:
Monday, 30 July 2018 at 17:01
To:
Maryna Strelchuk <Maryna.Strelchuk@...>, "odpi-pmc-datagovernance@..." <odpi-pmc-datagovernance@...>
Cc:
John Mertic <jmertic@...>, Mike Schultz <mimike@...>, "Ackermans, (Guillaume)" <Guy.Ackermans@...>, "Otelea, D. (Daniela)" <Daniela.Otelea@...>, Jing Zhou <Jing.Zhou@...>, "Rosu, Gabriela)" <Ruxandra-Gabriela.Rosu@...>, "Fliert, C.R. van de (Kees)" <Kees.van.de.Fliert@...>, "Nastase, (Constantin)" <Constantin.Nastase@...>, "maemalynn@..." <maemalynn@...>
RE: [odpi-pmc-datagovernance] Egeria logo

Same for me!
I go with #2, just because #3 makes me think to a hair care company.

Best regards,
Bogdan

From: <odpi-pmc-datagovernance@...> on behalf of Maemalynn Meanor <maemalynn@...>
Date:
Monday, 30 July 2018 at 15:44
To:
"
odpi-pmc-datagovernance@..." <odpi-pmc-datagovernance@...>
Cc:
[...]

Unless stated otherwise above:

Re: [odpi-pmc-datagovernance] Egeria logo

Susan Malaika

All: I am very ok with logo 2 too

Maryna : I think the lady with angle brackets in logo 3 represents an advisor or counselor who happens to be female - see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egeria_(mythology)

3 - my favourite. I like the simple lines. It works in all colours. It’s an emotive, intriguing image
2. It’s clear, but looks very corporate (boring)

1.

I quite liked this initially, but I don’t think the image scales down to the smaller size. It’s unclear what it is, and looks cluttered.

So I vote for #3

Image removed by sender.

[...]

Fliert, C.R. van de (Kees)

[...]

Strelchuk, M. (Maryna)

Maemalynn Meanor <maemalynn@...>

[...]

John Mertic

Great to see active discussion here!

I'm presuming we'd want some swag with this logo for OSSNA - I've CCed Deb Giles who does event management for ODPi would can help with stickers and such once the final decision is made.

Thank you,

John Mertic
Director of Program Management - Linux Foundation - ODPi, R Consortium, and Open Mainframe Project
Schedule time with me at https://calendly.com/jmertic

On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 12:45 PM Susan Malaika <malaika@...> wrote:
I think 3 is great  [ Maybe Egeria should wear a helmet to go into space in the ODPi rocket! https://www.odpi.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/9/2016/09/logo_odpi.png - But 3 is fine as-is ]

From: "Maemalynn Meanor" <maemalynn@...>
To: odpi-pmc-datagovernance@...
Cc: John Mertic <jmertic@...>, Mike Schultz <mimike@...>
Date: 07/27/2018 12:19 PM
Sent by: odpi-pmc-datagovernance@...

All:

Hot off the presses! Attached are three Egeria logos for your consideration. Please review by EOD Wednesday, August 1 and let us know which one is your favorite. Once we have a consensus, we’ll move forward accordingly.

Thank you,
Mae

Maemalynn Meanor
PR Manager
The Linux Foundation

Maemalynn@...
(602) 541-0356
Skype: Maemalynn

Re: [odpi-pmc-datagovernance] Egeria logo

Nigel Jones - ODPi

Nice.. I would order them as

3 - my favourite. I like the simple lines. It works in all colours. It’s an emotive, intriguing image
2. It’s clear, but looks very corporate (boring)

1.  I quite liked this initially, but I don’t think the image scales down to the smaller size. It’s unclear what it is, and looks cluttered.

So I vote for #3

On Fri, 27 Jul 2018 12:19:00 -0400, odpi-pmc-datagovernance wrote:
All:

Hot off the presses! Attached are three Egeria logos for your consideration. Please review by EOD Wednesday, August 1 and let us know which one is your favorite. Once we have a consensus, we’ll move forward accordingly.

Thank you,
Mae

Egeria logo

Maemalynn Meanor <maemalynn@...>

All:

Hot off the presses! Attached are three Egeria logos for your consideration. Please review by EOD Wednesday, August 1 and let us know which one is your favorite. Once we have a consensus, we’ll move forward accordingly.

Thank you,
Mae

Maemalynn Meanor
PR Manager
The Linux Foundation
Maemalynn@...
(602) 541-0356
Skype: Maemalynn

ODPi Data Governance PMC - Open Metadata and Governance Compliance (every other week call) - Thu, 7/26/18 #cal-notice

odpi-pmc-datagovernance@lists.odpi.org Calendar <noreply@...>

ODPi Data Governance PMC - Open Metadata and Governance Compliance (every other week call)

When:
Thursday, 26 July 2018
9:00am to 10:00am
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/523629111

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/523629111

Or iPhone one-tap : US: +16699006833,,523629111# or +16465588656,,523629111#

Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)

Meeting ID: 523 629 111

International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=Ef0Q2GNBIiHbZfjSvMvTms9WBxAGRxXl

ODPi Data Governance PMC - Open Metadata and Governance Compliance (every other week call) - Thu, 7/26/18 9:00am-10:00am #cal-reminder

odpi-pmc-datagovernance@lists.odpi.org Calendar <odpi-pmc-datagovernance@...>

Reminder:
ODPi Data Governance PMC - Open Metadata and Governance Compliance (every other week call)

When:
Thursday, 26 July 2018
9:00am to 10:00am
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/523629111

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/523629111

Or iPhone one-tap : US: +16699006833,,523629111# or +16465588656,,523629111#

Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)

Meeting ID: 523 629 111

International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=Ef0Q2GNBIiHbZfjSvMvTms9WBxAGRxXl

View Event.

[...]

ODPi Data Governance PMC - Data Governance Best Practices (every other week call) - Thu, 7/19/18 #cal-notice

odpi-pmc-datagovernance@lists.odpi.org Calendar <noreply@...>

ODPi Data Governance PMC - Data Governance Best Practices (every other week call)

When:
Thursday, 19 July 2018
9:00am to 10:00am
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/523629111

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/523629111

Or iPhone one-tap : US +16699006833,,523629111# or +16465588656,,523629111#

Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)

Meeting ID: 523 629 111

International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=Ef0Q2GNBIiHbZfjSvMvTms9WBxAGRxXl

ODPi Data Governance PMC - Data Governance Best Practices (every other week call) - Thu, 7/19/18 9:00am-10:00am #cal-reminder

[...]

ODPi Data Governance PMC - Open Metadata and Governance Compliance (every other week call) - Thu, 7/12/18 #cal-notice

odpi-pmc-datagovernance@lists.odpi.org Calendar <noreply@...>

ODPi Data Governance PMC - Open Metadata and Governance Compliance (every other week call)

When:
Thursday, 12 July 2018
9:00am to 10:00am
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/523629111

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/523629111

Or iPhone one-tap : US: +16699006833,,523629111# or +16465588656,,523629111#

Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)

Meeting ID: 523 629 111

International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=Ef0Q2GNBIiHbZfjSvMvTms9WBxAGRxXl

941 - 960 of 1154