Date

UPDATED: Meeting invites for weekly calls

John Mertic

Hi fellow ODPi Data Governamce PMC members,

I've just sent out the updated invites for the weekly PMC calls. As discussed during the call, each week will alternate on topics ( "Open Metadata and Governance Compliance" and "Data Governance Best Practices" ). I've also moved up the meeting time to 8am PT/11am ET/4pm UK/5pm EU - please confirm the meeting time is correct for your timezone.

I've also deleted out the previous "ODPi Data Governance PMC (weekly call)" invite - please remove that from your calendar manually if it hasn't automatically.

Thank you,

John Mertic
Director of Program Management - Linux Foundation - ODPi, R Consortium, and Open Mainframe Project
Schedule time with me at https://calendly.com/jmertic

ODPi Data Governance PMC - Open Metadata and Governance Compliance (every other week call) - Thu, 2/22/18 11:00am-12:00pm #cal-reminder

odpi-pmc-datagovernance@lists.odpi.org Calendar <odpi-pmc-datagovernance@...>

Reminder:
ODPi Data Governance PMC - Open Metadata and Governance Compliance (every other week call)

When:
Thursday, 22 February 2018
11:00am to 12:00pm
(GMT-05:00) America/New York

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/523629111

Topic: ODPi Data Governance PMC (weekly call) Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/523629111 Or iPhone one-tap : US: +16699006833,,523629111# or +16465588656,,523629111# Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free) Meeting ID: 523 629 111 International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=Ef0Q2GNBIiHbZfjSvMvTms9WBxAGRxXl

An RSVP is requested. View Event.

Event: ODPi Data Governance PMC - Data Governance Best Practices (every other week call) #cal-invite

odpi-pmc-datagovernance@lists.odpi.org Calendar <odpi-pmc-datagovernance@...>

ODPi Data Governance PMC - Data Governance Best Practices (every other week call)

When:
Thursday, 1 March 2018
11:00am to 12:00pm
(GMT-05:00) America/New York
Repeats: Every 2 weeks on Thursday

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/523629111

Organizer:
mandy_chessell@...

An RSVP is requested. Are you going?

Topic: ODPi Data Governance PMC (weekly call) Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/523629111 Or iPhone one-tap : US: +16699006833,,523629111# or +16465588656,,523629111# Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free) Meeting ID: 523 629 111 International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=Ef0Q2GNBIiHbZfjSvMvTms9WBxAGRxXl

Updated Event: ODPi Data Governance PMC - Open Metadata and Governance Compliance (every other week call) #cal-invite

[...]

Re: [odpi-pmc-datagovernance] Save the date: ApacheCon North America, September 24-27 in Montréal

John Mertic

Mandy - should we discuss at tomorrow's call?

Thank you,

John Mertic
Director of Program Management - Linux Foundation - ODPi, R Consortium, and Open Mainframe Project
Schedule time with me at https://calendly.com/jmertic

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 2:22 PM, Susan Malaika <malaika@...> wrote:
From my experience, most of the people at ApacheCon are developers deeply engaged in their individual projects. So an Apache Atlas specific proposal might be suitable.
ApacheCon provides an opportunity for developers on an Apache project to meet in-person, when they are not co-located.
Susan

From: Rich Bowen <rbowen@...>
Date: Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 9:21 AM
To: Rich Bowen <rbowen@...>

Dear Apache Enthusiast,

(You’re receiving this message because you’re subscribed to a user@ or dev@ list of one or more Apache Software Foundation projects.)

We’re pleased to announce the upcoming ApacheCon [1] in Montréal, September 24-27. This event is all about you — the Apache project community.

We’ll have four tracks of technical content this time, as well as lots of opportunities to connect with your project community, hack on the code, and learn about other related (and unrelated!) projects across the foundation.

The Call For Papers (CFP) [2] and registration are now open. Register early to take advantage of the early bird prices and secure your place at the event hotel.

        Important dates
        March 30: CFP closes
        April 20: CFP notifications sent
        August 24: Hotel room block closes (please do not wait until the last minute)

Follow @ApacheCon on Twitter to be the first to hear announcements about keynotes, the schedule, evening events, and everything you can expect to see at the event.

See you in Montréal!

Sincerely, Rich Bowen, V.P. Events,
on behalf of the entire ApacheCon team

[1] http://www.apachecon.com/acna18
[2] https://cfp.apachecon.com/conference.html?apachecon-north-america-2018

ATTENTION:
The information in this e-mail is confidential and only meant for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, don't use or disclose it in any way. Please let the sender know and delete the message immediately.

Re: [odpi-pmc-datagovernance] Save the date: ApacheCon North America, September 24-27 in Montréal

Susan Malaika

From my experience, most of the people at ApacheCon are developers deeply engaged in their individual projects. So an Apache Atlas specific proposal might be suitable.
[...]

Scheepers, F.N.L. (Ferd)

[...]

Re: [odpi-pmc-datagovernance] Apache EU Roadshow CFP Closing Soon (23 February)

Seth Dobrin <Seth.Dobrin@...>

I’ve never participated in ApacheCon so I have no Insights here

Seth Dobrin, PhD
Vice President & Chief Data Officer, IBM Analytics
Seth.Dobrin@...
914.500.3352

Assistant: Pat DeRouseau
tar4191@...
914.765.2645

On Feb 20, 2018, at 7:50 AM, John Mertic <jmertic@...> wrote:

Same question - should we submit here?

[...]

Decisions, actions and information from today's ODPi Data Governance PMC call (15th Feb 2018)

Mandy Chessell

Dear All,

There are two big conferences coming up that are of interest to our PMC.

For IBM Think - 19th-21st March 2018 - https://www.ibm.com/events/think/
  • There are a number of sessions on open metadata and governance - including a lab and demo
  • Mandy will send a list so Greg and team can publicise
  • Also Greg offered to provide a flyer to have on the demo stand around the work of the ODPi

For Hortonworks' DataWorks summit in Berlin - 16th-19th April - https://dataworkssummit.com/berlin-2018/
  • Attendees from the DG PMC will attend the Security and Governance BOF to promote/discuss ODPi
  • There may be an opportunity to have a meetup before the conference - Srikanth to confirm
  • There is also a session on Open Metadata where we can publicise ODPi - Mandy to send details

Greg sent link to google drive with latest PPT template. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1m43pluktQ5nnCvV-9Xut9eAY9ym9RBX2

Mae gave us a rundown of the work to publicise our work - this includes the update to the website.  (A review version should be available next week.)

Greg asked everyone to fill in the survey.  This covers each of our views on the work of the PMC and who we want to reach.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScIwFpV0Xu4k7BkoaJJs_bYGREdfaGJIYWlukjm4dXu2osKdw/viewform

All the best
Mandy
Mandy Chessell CBE FREng CEng FBCS
IBM Distinguished Engineer

Master Inventor
Member of the IBM Academy of Technology
Visiting Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Sheffield

Email: mandy_chessell@...
LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mandy-chessell/22/897/a49

Assistant: Janet Brooks - jsbrooks12@...

ODPi Data Governance PMC (weekly call) - Thu, 2/15/18 #cal-notice

odpi-pmc-datagovernance@lists.odpi.org Calendar <noreply@...>

ODPi Data Governance PMC (weekly call)

When:
Thursday, 15 February 2018
12:00pm to 1:00pm
(GMT-05:00) America/New York

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/523629111

Topic: ODPi Data Governance PMC (weekly call) Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/523629111 Or iPhone one-tap : US: +16699006833,,523629111# or +16465588656,,523629111# Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free) Meeting ID: 523 629 111 International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=Ef0Q2GNBIiHbZfjSvMvTms9WBxAGRxXl

ODPi Data Governance PMC (weekly call) - Thu, 2/15/18 12:00pm-1:00pm #cal-reminder

[...]

Re: [odpi-pmc-datagovernance] Doing an ODPi Data Governance meetup at Dataworks Summit EU

John Mertic

My two cents are that it make sense to show alignment with the existing community events around Atlas versus going out on our own. It's also good timing since the talk we have is Wednesday in the afternoon, so we can use that to send people to the BoF.

Irregardless - I'm very excited and supportive of whatever this group feels is appropriate.

Thank you,

John Mertic
Director of Program Management - Linux Foundation - ODPi, R Consortium, and Open Mainframe Project
Schedule time with me at https://calendly.com/jmertic

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 12:30 PM, Alan Gates <gates@...> wrote:
I looked into the options for us to have a meetup at DWS EU in Berlin in April.  There are several things we could do:
1) Wednesday evening (between the two days of the conference) there are already BoFs scheduled for many areas, including one for Security and Governance.  Atlas will be a major focus of this BoF.  We could participate in this. Srikanth, Mandy, Ferd, and others will probably be interested in attending this BoF regardless.  This is a particularly good timeslot because it's between the last talks of the day and the evening party, so people are likely to be hanging around with nothing else to do.
2) Related to option 1, Rafael (the schedule coordinator) offered to split the Security and Governance BoF into two separate ones, one focusing on just security and one on just governance.  This would mean the BoF was focused solely on Atlas and related technologies.
3) Both of the above don't allow ODPi to headline the BoF or help drive the agenda, just to participate.  If we really want an event where we headline it, then there are lunch slots available.  These have limited promotion options as the sponsors pay for the lunches and want people in the expo area at that time (meaning we could not put our meetup in the official schedule).  So we would have to work ourselves to get the word out.  But it would be all our show.

Thoughts?  I don't have a strong opinion.  Whatever the group decides I'll work with Rafael to make happen.

Alan.

Doing an ODPi Data Governance meetup at Dataworks Summit EU

Alan Gates <gates@...>

[...]

Re: [odpi-pmc-datagovernance] ODPi Data Governance PMC (weekly call) - Thu, 2/8/18 12:00pm-1:00pm #cal-reminder

Scheepers, F.N.L. (Ferd)

I saw a cancellation (?)

Met vriendelijke groet/Kind Regards,

Ferd Scheepers

Chief Information Architect.

ING Tech/EA&I

Location HBP A.02.053

M +31 652717200

E ferd.scheepers@...

Appointments via Maria Vedder

M: +31 6630971260

[...]

ODPi Data Governance PMC Call tomorrow - 8th February - CANCELLED

Mandy Chessell

Dear All,
I am very sorry but I will not be able to host our ODPI call tomorrow as I am travelling and will be without an internet connection.  Look forward to talking to you at our next meeting on 15th February.

All the best
Mandy
Mandy Chessell CBE FREng CEng FBCS
IBM Distinguished Engineer

Master Inventor
Member of the IBM Academy of Technology
Visiting Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Sheffield

Email: mandy_chessell@...
LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mandy-chessell/22/897/a49

Assistant: Janet Brooks - jsbrooks12@...