Re: [DISCUSS] JanusGraph 0.5.0 release

Oleksandr Porunov <alexand...@...>

Some of the changes taking too much time. I was thinking that we can finalize 0.5.0 release soon with those changes which we currently have, and move non-finished, breaking issues to version 0.6.0.
Most of the features for 0.5.0 are implemented long time ago, and users would like to start using those features, I believe we should not hold releases because of unfinished changes (which are not guaranteed to be finished anytime soon).

My suggestions is:
- Make 0.6.0 milestone and move remaining breaking issues from 0.5.0 to 0.6.0
- Release 0.5.0 version
- Make v0.5 branch
- Target master branch to 0.6.0-SNAPSHOT
- Drop support for 0.4 branch (because we are agreed to support only 2 branches. Also, the only breaking difference between 0.4 and 0.5 branches is that 0.5 branch has no support for ElasticSearch 5 which is EOL)

I am volunteering to be a release manager for 0.5.0 version. If anyone else wants to take this role, please speak up.
If no objections are received during the next 3 days, I assume we have a consensus.

Best regards,

On Friday, July 5, 2019 at 4:08:50 PM UTC-7, Chris Hupman wrote:

I'd really like to see all of our current known github vulnerabilities get addressed in 0.5.0 as well.

Also we should add a graph of the gods with schema constraints to improve testing and user adoption of the feature.


Join { to automatically receive all group messages.