Re: [DISCUSS] Release planning v0.2.1

Ted Wilmes <twi...@...>

Waiting makes sense to me. Going down the list of open issues, nothing is jumping out to me as critical enough to block going forward the with the release process post 3.2.9 upgrade.


On Friday, April 27, 2018 at 2:50:25 PM UTC-5, Jason Plurad wrote:
We're winding down on JanusGraph 0.2.1. Ted's fixes have been merged, and there are only a few remaining PRs left to be merged. They are approved, so we're mostly waiting on doc updates/rebase.

One recent complication is that TinkerPop is planning a quick patch release 3.2.9, with release expected week of May 7. Currently the JanusGraph 0.2 branch is on TinkerPop 3.2.8. It seems reasonable to wait a few more days for 3.2.9.

Thoughts? Are there any other fixes that we're missing for 0.2.1?

On Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 5:20:10 PM UTC-4, Ted Wilmes wrote:
Hi Jason,
Thanks for kicking this off. 

I'm going to try to finish this one up this week:

If time allows, I think would be nice to include. This one will enable 
TinkerPop OLAP over JanusGraph on Google Cloud Bigtable. Should be a pretty quick update so I'll be shooting for that one also.


On Monday, April 2, 2018 at 11:48:20 AM UTC-5, Jason Plurad wrote:
Let's start a discussion on releases. This thread is for the 0.2 branch (0.2.1 release), and I'll start a separate thread for the master branch (0.3.0 release).

The 0.2 branch is for fixes only and no new features. The 0.2 branch is currently based on Apache TinkerPop 3.2.7 which uses Spark 1.6.1 and Scala 2.10.

Apache TinkerPop 3.2.8 is in [code freeze](, so it will be released within a couple weeks. We'd want to align JanusGraph 0.2.1 with that latest version.

I've reviewed all the PRs targeted for 0.2 branch, and tagged all the pull requests that are slated for 0.2.1 with milestone "Release v0.2.1"
- [Pull requests]( 7 open, 39 closed
- [Closed issues]( 28 closed

A few significant changes for v0.2.1:
- Ordering operations with indexing backends [#252](
- Elasticsearch external mappings [#653](
- Hadoop jars missing [#694](
- Index eviction trigger scheduling [#716](
- Elasticsearch list/set cardinality [#718](
- Many documentation fixes

I think we can make a concerted effort this week to close out the remaining [open pull requests]( targeted for 0.2. As these PRs get merged into 0.2, please make sure that they are rolled up into master as well. Once the merges into 0.2 are complete, we can start release preparation for 0.2.1. Any open issues that don't have a pull request merged before the cut off will be moved along to the next 0.2 release.

I volunteer to be the release manager.

Is anybody working on fixes for 0.2 that you're planning to submit a PR this week?

Join { to automatically receive all group messages.