Re: [DISCUSS] Release planning v0.3.0

Alexandr Porunov <alexand...@...>


Jason has opened a voting for 0.3.0 release here:!topic/janusgraph-dev/9evIOVkGPRo

If everything will be OK, then I assume the release will be after August 3, 2018, 3:40 PM EDT.

On Tuesday, July 31, 2018 at 10:25:06 PM UTC+3, Sarath Kumar wrote:

Do you have a rough timeline on when you plan to release 0.3.0?


On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 2:30:42 PM UTC-7, Jason Plurad wrote:
v0.3.0 release updates:

* The solution for Issue 1159 has been identified. It requires an extra configuration property in the properties file. Debashish Kanhar has volunteered to improve the documentation in the OLAP chapter for this.
* PR 1161 needs another committer review/approval. It contains fix rollups from the 0.2 branch.

Once these have both cleared, I'll prepare the 0.3.0 artifacts for vote and release.

On Monday, July 9, 2018 at 3:55:32 PM UTC-4, Jason Plurad wrote:
PR 998 is now merged. Thank you!

I opened Issue 1159 today regarding Guava errors with Spark clusters. Spark and OLAP works with spark.master=local[*] since it only uses jars from the JanusGraph distribution. Only when running on a standalone Spark cluster is the issue demonstrated because of Guava jar conflicts between the Spark distribution and JanusGraph. I believe this issue needs to be resolved for 0.3.0.

Any other concerns or input from the committers or community? Thanks.

On Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 5:35:14 PM UTC-4, Jason Plurad wrote:
We need another committer review and approval on Many thanks to community member Alexandr Porunov who has helped review the PR also. Because of the storage format changes coming with the new schema constraints, I don't think we can defer this PR from v0.3.0.

The other PR currently tagged for the milestone is waiting on updates from the author so it can be deferred.

Any other concerns or input from the committers or community?
On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 9:37 AM Florian Hockmann wrote:
Thanks a lot, Jason! I only remembered that there were release candidates for the 0.1.0 release, but I guess that was a special case being the very first JanusGraph release.

Anyway, next time we'll just take the suggested approach and build it on our own. I didn't realize when I asked for a release candidate that it really only requires a
mvn clean install -Pjanusgraph-release -Dgpg.skip=true -DskipTests=true

Am Montag, 21. Mai 2018 18:42:41 UTC+2 schrieb Jason Plurad:
Thanks for the suggestion, Florian. I don't think we published release candidates in the past, instead encouraged developers to build the release from source code. Getting more feedback on the 0.3.0 release would be fantastic though.

Releases on the GitHub releases page are tied to a specific tag in git, so I'm not sure how to publish a candidate release there right now. In the meantime, I uploaded the latest here:

On Friday, May 18, 2018 at 2:37:14 PM UTC-4, Florian Hockmann wrote:
Would it be possible (without requiring too much effort) to publish a release candidate of 0.3.0? Then we could deploy that in our staging environment and give feedback, especially for the new strict schema support.

Am Montag, 2. April 2018 18:48:47 UTC+2 schrieb Jason Plurad:
Let's start a discussion on releases. This thread is for the master branch (0.3.0 release).

The master branch has fixes and new features. The master branch is currently based on Apache TinkerPop 3.3.1 which uses Spark 2.2.0 and Scala 2.11.

Apache TinkerPop 3.3.2 is in [code freeze](, so it will be out very soon. We'd want to align JanusGraph 0.3.0 with that latest version. We're waiting on TinkerPop 3.3.2 to resolve [#859](

I've tagged all the pull requests that are slated for 0.3.0 with milestone "Release v0.3.0"
- [Pull requests]( 5 open, 69 closed
- [Closed issues]( 33 closed (plus the 28 issues closed against v0.2.1)

A few significant changes for v0.3.0:
- TinkerPop 3.3.z, Spark 2.2.0, Scala 2.11 [#705](
- Elasticsearch authentication/SSL support [#612](
- JanusGraph Authentication for Gremlin Server [#623](
- JanusGraph OLAP with HBase TableSnapshotInputFormat [#656](
- Custom analyzer for Lucene [#672](
- Many documentation fixes

I think we can make a concerted effort this week to close out the remaining [open pull requests]( targeted for master. Once the merges are complete, we can start release preparation for 0.3.0. Any open issues that don't have a pull request merged before the cut off will be moved along to the next release.

I volunteer to be the release manager.

Is anybody working on fixes for 0.3 that you're planning to submit a PR this week?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "JanusGraph developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
To view this discussion on the web visit
For more options, visit

Join to automatically receive all group messages.