Date   

Re: Janusgraph Tests OOM on MacOS: tips on Mac setup and a couple observations on HBase as backend

Jason Plurad <plu...@...>
 

Thanks for the feedback, Demai.

These sound like HBase specific issues. Jerry He might have some insight on what's going on.

Ultimately I don't think Mac OS X is a well supported operating system for HBase.


On Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 6:15:43 PM UTC-4, Demai wrote:
keyword: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread, HBase

hi, 

Long story short, I was struggling to run through Janusgraph Tests on MacOS, and finally in a 'better' shape. So take the opportunity to share about the struggle on MacOS and a couple observation about the test with HBase as backend:

  1. Macbook's limitation on "max user processes" and "kern.num_threads"
  2. High thread demand during HBase testing, for example HBaseIDAuthorityTest and HBaseLockStoreTest
  3. HBase98 vs HBase10: same testings in (2) passed HBase0.98 and failed on HBase1.x 

I have a "solution" for (1) , but (2) and (3) are observations and potential improvement 

(0) failures 
*enviroment: macOS Sierra 10.12.6 with 16GB memory
*java:  "1.8.0_102" ,SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_102-b14), 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.102-b14, mixed mode)
*mvn: Apache Maven 3.3.9
*test method: "mvn clean install" through iTerm2

Typical failure (both only on HBase1.x testing)
 HBaseLockStoreTest>LockKeyColumnValueStoreTest.parallelNoncontendedLockStressTest:364 expected:<100> but was:<80>
 [pool-2-thread-2] ERROR diskstorage.LockKeyColumnValueStoreTest: Unexpected locking-related exception on iteration 81/100
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

org.janusgraph.diskstorage.hbase.HBaseIDAuthorityTest
testMultiIDAcquisition[0](org.janusgraph.diskstorage.hbase.HBaseIDAuthorityTest)  Time elapsed: 27.565 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
...
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.batch(HTable.java:910)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.hbase.HTable1_0.batch(HTable1_0.java:51)

(1) Macbook's limitation on "max user processes" and "kern.num_threads"
Both failures due to "unable to create new native thread" which is setup very low on Mac and difficult to change. The default ones:
$ulimit -u   ==> max user processes    (-u) 709
$sysctl kern.num_threads ==> kern.num_threads: 10240

The direct cause is from kern.num_threads, which is not (independent) changable according to apple. To 'influence' it, two steps to hack:
step 1) one must change "Max user processes" with this instruction
step 2) turn on performance mode per apple

Now my macOS shows : max user processes: 2499; and kern.num_threads: 25000

(2) High thread demand during HBase testing.
I digged into the HBaseIDAuthorityTest, which called HTalbe.batch() 15K+ times. 
Similar occurred at LockKeyColumnValueStoreTest.parallelNoncontendedLockStressTest(), through it uses threadpool. BTW, its error message is a bit confusion, which I originally thought of a locking bug.

wondering whether OK to reduce the stress testing level, for example, change lockOperationsPerThread = 100 to 70 which works fine for the testing purpose?

(3) HBase98 vs HBase1.0: same testcases in (2) passed HBase0.98 but failed on HBase1.x 

This is odd. As I can consistently repro the issue. 
HBaseIDAuthorityTest: HBase1.X failed at 10350th or so HTable1_0.batch(), which HBase98 tolerate all 15549 batches
HBaseLockStoreTest#parallelNoncontendedLockStressTest: HBase1.x began to through OOM at around 80/100 iteration; and HBase98 saw no issues.
I am wondering what cause HBase1.x requires more resource? BTW, table.flushCommits() is removed from HTable1_0.batch() but it doesn't look like the cause. 

---------------------
OK. that is all. I figured out so far from backward and the hard way. Hence, share here in hope to help whoever use macOS. Or maybe some smarter way. 

Also wondering whether (2) and (3) warrant further investigation or fill an issue? thanks for reading.

Demai


Janusgraph Tests OOM on MacOS: tips on Mac setup and a couple observations on HBase as backend

Demai <nid...@...>
 

keyword: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread, HBase

hi, 

Long story short, I was struggling to run through Janusgraph Tests on MacOS, and finally in a 'better' shape. So take the opportunity to share about the struggle on MacOS and a couple observation about the test with HBase as backend:

  1. Macbook's limitation on "max user processes" and "kern.num_threads"
  2. High thread demand during HBase testing, for example HBaseIDAuthorityTest and HBaseLockStoreTest
  3. HBase98 vs HBase10: same testings in (2) passed HBase0.98 and failed on HBase1.x 

I have a "solution" for (1) , but (2) and (3) are observations and potential improvement 

(0) failures 
*enviroment: macOS Sierra 10.12.6 with 16GB memory
*java:  "1.8.0_102" ,SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_102-b14), 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.102-b14, mixed mode)
*mvn: Apache Maven 3.3.9
*test method: "mvn clean install" through iTerm2

Typical failure (both only on HBase1.x testing)
 HBaseLockStoreTest>LockKeyColumnValueStoreTest.parallelNoncontendedLockStressTest:364 expected:<100> but was:<80>
 [pool-2-thread-2] ERROR diskstorage.LockKeyColumnValueStoreTest: Unexpected locking-related exception on iteration 81/100
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

org.janusgraph.diskstorage.hbase.HBaseIDAuthorityTest
testMultiIDAcquisition[0](org.janusgraph.diskstorage.hbase.HBaseIDAuthorityTest)  Time elapsed: 27.565 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
...
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.batch(HTable.java:910)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.hbase.HTable1_0.batch(HTable1_0.java:51)

(1) Macbook's limitation on "max user processes" and "kern.num_threads"
Both failures due to "unable to create new native thread" which is setup very low on Mac and difficult to change. The default ones:
$ulimit -u   ==> max user processes    (-u) 709
$sysctl kern.num_threads ==> kern.num_threads: 10240

The direct cause is from kern.num_threads, which is not (independent) changable according to apple. To 'influence' it, two steps to hack:
step 1) one must change "Max user processes" with this instruction
step 2) turn on performance mode per apple

Now my macOS shows : max user processes: 2499; and kern.num_threads: 25000

(2) High thread demand during HBase testing.
I digged into the HBaseIDAuthorityTest, which called HTalbe.batch() 15K+ times. 
Similar occurred at LockKeyColumnValueStoreTest.parallelNoncontendedLockStressTest(), through it uses threadpool. BTW, its error message is a bit confusion, which I originally thought of a locking bug.

wondering whether OK to reduce the stress testing level, for example, change lockOperationsPerThread = 100 to 70 which works fine for the testing purpose?

(3) HBase98 vs HBase1.0: same testcases in (2) passed HBase0.98 but failed on HBase1.x 

This is odd. As I can consistently repro the issue. 
HBaseIDAuthorityTest: HBase1.X failed at 10350th or so HTable1_0.batch(), which HBase98 tolerate all 15549 batches
HBaseLockStoreTest#parallelNoncontendedLockStressTest: HBase1.x began to through OOM at around 80/100 iteration; and HBase98 saw no issues.
I am wondering what cause HBase1.x requires more resource? BTW, table.flushCommits() is removed from HTable1_0.batch() but it doesn't look like the cause. 

---------------------
OK. that is all. I figured out so far from backward and the hard way. Hence, share here in hope to help whoever use macOS. Or maybe some smarter way. 

Also wondering whether (2) and (3) warrant further investigation or fill an issue? thanks for reading.

Demai


Re: [DISCUSS] JanusGraph 0.2.0 Release

Jason Plurad <plu...@...>
 

Ha, thanks Robert. Let's go with Saturday, September 30 for code freeze.

Most important date on there is start voting on Monday, October 2.


On Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 5:23:23 PM UTC-4, Robert Dale wrote:
Friday, September 29?
Saturday, September 30?


On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 16:17 Jason Plurad wrote:
My first time doing this, so according to the release policy docs...

I'd like to call for a code freeze in preparation for the JanusGraph 0.2.0 release. I propose the code freeze begins at Friday, September 30 at 5 PM Pacific.

Several great features have been contributed since the JanusGraph 0.1.1 release including
  * Cassandra CQL storage adapter
  * Cassandra 3 OLAP adapter
  * Elasticsearch 5 and 6 support
  * Lucene and Solr 6 and 7 support
  * Coding examples
  * Many bug fixes and documentation updates

With today's merge of the dynamic graph manager, I don't think there are any other big items outstanding that would hold up the 0.2.0 release. As discussed previously regarding the TinkerPop version, JanusGraph 0.2.0 will target Apache TinkerPop 3.2.6. The outstanding PR for TinkerPop 3.3.0 support will be at the top of the list for the next JanusGraph release.

I volunteer to be the release manager. After preparing the release artifacts, I'd expect to kick off the voting on Monday.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "JanusGraph developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to janusgraph-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/janusgraph-dev/dbde4bac-e875-4f33-85be-b79da1090e00%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
--
Robert Dale


Re: [DISCUSS] JanusGraph 0.2.0 Release

Robert Dale <rob...@...>
 

Friday, September 29?
Saturday, September 30?


On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 16:17 Jason Plurad <plu...@...> wrote:
My first time doing this, so according to the release policy docs...

I'd like to call for a code freeze in preparation for the JanusGraph 0.2.0 release. I propose the code freeze begins at Friday, September 30 at 5 PM Pacific.

Several great features have been contributed since the JanusGraph 0.1.1 release including
  * Cassandra CQL storage adapter
  * Cassandra 3 OLAP adapter
  * Elasticsearch 5 and 6 support
  * Lucene and Solr 6 and 7 support
  * Coding examples
  * Many bug fixes and documentation updates

With today's merge of the dynamic graph manager, I don't think there are any other big items outstanding that would hold up the 0.2.0 release. As discussed previously regarding the TinkerPop version, JanusGraph 0.2.0 will target Apache TinkerPop 3.2.6. The outstanding PR for TinkerPop 3.3.0 support will be at the top of the list for the next JanusGraph release.

I volunteer to be the release manager. After preparing the release artifacts, I'd expect to kick off the voting on Monday.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "JanusGraph developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to janusgr...@....
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/janusgraph-dev/dbde4bac-e875-4f33-85be-b79da1090e00%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
--
Robert Dale


[DISCUSS] JanusGraph 0.2.0 Release

Jason Plurad <plu...@...>
 

My first time doing this, so according to the release policy docs...

I'd like to call for a code freeze in preparation for the JanusGraph 0.2.0 release. I propose the code freeze begins at Friday, September 30 at 5 PM Pacific.

Several great features have been contributed since the JanusGraph 0.1.1 release including
  * Cassandra CQL storage adapter
  * Cassandra 3 OLAP adapter
  * Elasticsearch 5 and 6 support
  * Lucene and Solr 6 and 7 support
  * Coding examples
  * Many bug fixes and documentation updates

With today's merge of the dynamic graph manager, I don't think there are any other big items outstanding that would hold up the 0.2.0 release. As discussed previously regarding the TinkerPop version, JanusGraph 0.2.0 will target Apache TinkerPop 3.2.6. The outstanding PR for TinkerPop 3.3.0 support will be at the top of the list for the next JanusGraph release.

I volunteer to be the release manager. After preparing the release artifacts, I'd expect to kick off the voting on Monday.


Re: Janus Graph GUI

Misha Brukman <mbru...@...>
 

[ cc: janusgraph-users, bcc: janusgraph-dev ]

This is a question better suited for the janusgraph-users@ list as it is talking about external integrations rather than internals of JanusGraph itself.

Please see this earlier similar thread with answers.

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 2:54 AM, sankeeta kamath <sankee...@...> wrote:
Hi ,

   I just want to know Is there any possibility to integrate GUI with janus graph database(backend_cassandra). I am currently using janusgraph-0.1.1-hadoop2.


Thanks in Advance

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "JanusGraph developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to janusgraph-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/janusgraph-dev/0e9e354f-d5cf-4b6c-baba-a63ccf59c15c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Can a cluster of janusgraph/gremlin servers be created?

Dilan Ranasinghe <dila...@...>
 

Hello,

We are going to start a new project using janusgraph with the Hbase as the persistence database.
Currently we are confronted with the following problems for which there is no clear answer to be found.

1) We need to run a hbase cluster and several janusgraph/gremlin server instances connected to that cluster and work on the same graph. Is this recommended? (Running several janusgraph instances pointing to a hbase cluster and updating a graph)

2) If the above is possible, does that means that there is a configuration in the janusgraph servers such that all the janusgraph/gremlin server instances in a cluster know about each other? Because as i understand, if the janusgraph instances in the cluster doesn't know about each other, inconsistencies can happen in updating data to Hbase. (for ex. For example one server adding a new node to a graph with a certain id and at the same time another server is also adding a node with the same id)

Thanks in advance.

Dilan.



Janus Graph GUI

sankeeta kamath <sankee...@...>
 

Hi ,

   I just want to know Is there any possibility to integrate GUI with janus graph database(backend_cassandra). I am currently using janusgraph-0.1.1-hadoop2.


Thanks in Advance


Re: [DISCUSS] GitHub's code owners feature

Jerry He <jerr...@...>
 

I think it is a fine idea.  The intension is good.   On the other hand, the devil is in the details.  How can this be done so that we get necessary quality reviews without creating a bottleneck and causing undue confusion.

Thanks,

Jerry 


On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 3:26 PM 'Misha Brukman' via JanusGraph developers <janusgr...@...> wrote:
Any thoughts on whether or not we should use GitHub's code owners feature?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "JanusGraph developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to janusgr...@....
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/janusgraph-dev/CANgM2oNabOcs50SnxmV%3DyuUJFfgVyC%3DiQR-NL-QvNc2i4P%3DVAw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


[DISCUSS] GitHub's code owners feature

Misha Brukman <mbru...@...>
 

Any thoughts on whether or not we should use GitHub's code owners feature?


Re: parallelNoncontendedLockStressTest failure ?

Demai <nid...@...>
 

Got chance to dig more into this. It is the permanent locking causing the failure. I am not familiar with Janusgraph logic to judge whether this locking exception is expected behavior in this test scenario or not, though document 27.1. Data Consistency did warn about the robustness of it.  And I am able to consistently reproduce the failure in the past few days

LockKeyColumnValueStoreTest#LockStressor.run() tolerates TemporaryLockingException, but not PermanentLockingException

...

                } catch (TemporaryLockingException e) {

                    temporaryFailures++;

                } catch (Throwable t) {

                    log.error("Unexpected locking-related exception on iteration " + (opIndex + 1) + "/" + opCount, t);

...


The error shows either 'permanent locking failure' or 'Local lock contention', both looks like permanent locking exception from AbstractLocker#writeLock():

         ...

            } catch (TemporaryBackendException tse) {

                throw new TemporaryLockingException(tse);

  ....

            } catch (Throwable t) {

                throw new PermanentLockingException(t);

            } finally {

                ...

            }

        } else {

            // Fail immediately with no retries on local contention

            throw new PermanentLockingException("Local lock contention");




On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 3:03:32 PM UTC-7, Demai wrote:
I run the testcase several times already, and always failed on this one (sometimes under hbase98, sometimes hbase10 though)

the failure message is:
  HBaseLockStoreTest>LockKeyColumnValueStoreTest.parallelNoncontendedLockStressTest:364 expected:<100> but was:<81>

The surefire report is attached.

I suspect that some lock contention or memory issue to cause the failure. Also, I am running on a less-powerful macbook, maybe need to increase the default timeout to get all 100 threads? 

thanks for any pointers. 

Demai


parallelNoncontendedLockStressTest failure ?

Demai <nid...@...>
 

I run the testcase several times already, and always failed on this one (sometimes under hbase98, sometimes hbase10 though)

the failure message is:
  HBaseLockStoreTest>LockKeyColumnValueStoreTest.parallelNoncontendedLockStressTest:364 expected:<100> but was:<81>

The surefire report is attached.

I suspect that some lock contention or memory issue to cause the failure. Also, I am running on a less-powerful macbook, maybe need to increase the default timeout to get all 100 threads? 

thanks for any pointers. 

Demai


Re: [DISCUSS] Support for Solr 6

Jason Plurad <plu...@...>
 

The latest files are in GitHub
https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/tree/master/janusgraph-dist/src/assembly/static/conf/solr


On Friday, September 8, 2017 at 6:53:59 PM UTC-4, gyw339 wrote:
Hi Jason, 
Can you post the solr6.6 schema.xml and solrconfig.xml for janusgraph-hbase-solr? 
Thanks,
-- Guan



On Thursday, 8 June 2017 12:41:26 UTC-7, Jason Plurad wrote:
pull request have been opened for Solr 6 support. Testing is being done to determine whether this will break the existing support for Solr 5.

As sjudeng mentioned "We don't currently do different releases for any of the indexing (or storage) backends, so would it be preferable just to update to latest in the Solr/Lucene 5.x stream for JanusGraph 0.2.x releases and save the update to 6.x for 0.3.x releases? Personally I'd prefer to get everything updated for 0.2.x and keep 0.1.x as the compatibility branch." I think that sounds like a decent plan.

Is there anybody running with in production with JanusGraph (or Titan) with Solr 5?
Other thoughts or feedback on the upgrade to Solr 6?

-- Jason


Re: [DISCUSS] Support for Solr 6

gyw...@...
 

Hi Jason, 
Can you post the solr6.6 schema.xml and solrconfig.xml for janusgraph-hbase-solr? 
Thanks,
-- Guan



On Thursday, 8 June 2017 12:41:26 UTC-7, Jason Plurad wrote:
pull request have been opened for Solr 6 support. Testing is being done to determine whether this will break the existing support for Solr 5.

As sjudeng mentioned "We don't currently do different releases for any of the indexing (or storage) backends, so would it be preferable just to update to latest in the Solr/Lucene 5.x stream for JanusGraph 0.2.x releases and save the update to 6.x for 0.3.x releases? Personally I'd prefer to get everything updated for 0.2.x and keep 0.1.x as the compatibility branch." I think that sounds like a decent plan.

Is there anybody running with in production with JanusGraph (or Titan) with Solr 5?
Other thoughts or feedback on the upgrade to Solr 6?

-- Jason


Re: test failure due to NoClassDefFoundError: ../cassandra/astyanax/AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$2

Demai <nid...@...>
 

I ran the mvn commands through terminal, and no customizations under .m2/

Now, I 'shamelessly' commented out 'testIndexCreationOptions' to see how far I can go. :-)

On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 10:56:41 AM UTC-7, Jason Plurad wrote:
Are you running mvn clean install from the terminal or in an IDE?
Do you have any customizations in ~/.m2/settings.xml?


On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 12:23:45 PM UTC-4, Demai wrote:
Jason,

yeah. although not necessary a mvn/java version issue, it must be environment related. I did what your suggested. 

The good news is that the earlier problem of "JanusGraph-Cassandra: Distributed Graph Database ... SUCCESS [  0.131 s] " passed
the bad news is the failure occur on the next one: "JanusGraph-ElasticSearch: Distributed Indexing Support FAILURE [07:57 min]" 
 
Tests in error: 
  ElasticSearchConfigTest.testIndexCreationOptions » IndexMissing [janusgraph] m...
  ThriftElasticsearchTest.beforeClass:65 » IllegalArgument Path /Users/demai/jan...

2017-09-05 16:09:15.759 [main] WARN  reflections.Reflections: given scan urls are empty. set urls in the configuration
Tests run: 8, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 191.531 sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.janusgraph.diskstorage.es.ElasticSearchConfigTest
testIndexCreationOptions(org.janusgraph.diskstorage.es.ElasticSearchConfigTest)  Time elapsed: 15.762 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.elasticsearch.indices.IndexMissingException: [janusgraph] missing
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.MetaData.convertFromWildcards(MetaData.java:867)
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.MetaData.concreteIndices(MetaData.java:684)
at org.elasticsearch.action.admin.indices.settings.get.TransportGetSettingsAction.checkBlock(TransportGetSettingsAction.java:65)
at org.elasticsearch.action.admin.indices.settings.get.TransportGetSettingsAction.checkBlock(TransportGetSettingsAction.java:46)
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.master.TransportMasterNodeOperationAction.innerExecute(TransportMasterNodeOperationAction.java:96)
......
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

2017-09-05 16:09:16.314 [elasticsearch[Baron Blood][clusterService#updateTask][T#1]] WARN  discovery.zen: [Baron Blood] master left (reason = transport disconnected), current nodes: {[Baron Blood][gZA2xVctTQSfcKJKKwu8uQ][localhost][inet[/127.0.0.1:9304]]{client=true, data=false, local=false},}
Running org.janusgraph.diskstorage.es.ElasticSearchIndexTest
2017-09-05 16:09:36.813 [main] ERROR es.ElasticSearchIndex: Failed to execute ES query MapperParsingException[failed to parse [time]]; nested: NumberFormatException[For input string: "not a time"]; 
2017-09-05 16:09:36.814 [main] ERROR es.ElasticSearchIndex: Failed to execute ES query 1m
java.lang.Exception: failure in bulk execution:
[1]: index [janusgraph], type [vertex], id [failing-doc], message [MapperParsingException[failed to parse [time]]; nested: NumberFormatException[For input string: "not a time"]; ]
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.es.ElasticSearchIndex.mutate(ElasticSearchIndex.java:628)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.indexing.IndexTransaction$1.call(IndexTransaction.java:137)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.indexing.IndexTransaction$1.call(IndexTransaction.java:134)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.executeDirect(BackendOperation.java:69)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.execute(BackendOperation.java:55)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.indexing.IndexTransaction.flushInternal(IndexTransaction.java:134)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.indexing.IndexTransaction.commit(IndexTransaction.java:115)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.es.ElasticSearchIndexTest.testErrorInBatch(ElasticSearchIndexTest.java:172)



On Friday, September 1, 2017 at 6:59:58 AM UTC-7, Jason Plurad wrote:
Agree that Maven/Java version likely isn't the problem, just trying to level set on your environment.
If there was a problem with the build, TravisCI would be failing and there would be a lot more complaints.
Are you running mvn clean install from the terminal or in an IDE?
Do you have any customizations in ~/.m2/settings.xml?

I'd suggest clearing out the local Maven repository and doing a fresh clone

rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/janusgraph/
git clone git@github
.com:JanusGraph/janusgraph.git
cd janusgraph
mvn clean install


On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 5:40:17 PM UTC-4, Demai wrote:
Jason, 

thanks for your response.

I am using:
Apache maven 3.3.9 and Oracle java 1.8.0_102

for this particular problem, probably a link file(pom) somewhere inconsistent? the minor difference with java version is unlikely the problem

Demai

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 11:35 AM, Jason Plurad wrote:
What are your Java and Maven versions? I've been using Maven 3.3.9 with Oracle Java 1.8.0_144 on my Mac.


On Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 1:50:31 PM UTC-4, Demai wrote:
hi, folks,

I am setting up the dev environment on my macbook, and did a "mvn clean install" to run through the testing as instructed here : https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/blob/master/TESTING.md

I encountered the following error due to AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$2 not found. My version is pretty up to date (8/29). I did a quick search in the issues and the email group, but didn't find any reference to this error.  And I am able to find the AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore.java under package org.janusgraph.diskstorage.cassandra.astyanax.  

Just wondering maybe some environment issues? Many thanks


Demai

--------------------------------------------- ERROR messages --------------------------
JanusGraph-Cassandra: Distributed Graph Database ... FAILURE [  01:01 h]

Tests in error:
  AstyanaxGraphTest>JanusGraphTest.testVertexTTLImplicitKey:5141 » JanusGraph Co...
  AstyanaxGraphTest>JanusGraphTest.testEdgeTTLImplicitKey:5100 » JanusGraph Coul...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Test set: org.janusgraph.graphdb.astyanax.AstyanaxGraphTest
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tests run: 65, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 316.392 sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.janusgraph.graphdb.astyanax.AstyanaxGraphTest
testVertexTTLImplicitKey(org.janusgraph.graphdb.astyanax.AstyanaxGraphTest)  Time elapsed: 1.57 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.janusgraph.core.JanusGraphException: Could not execute operation due to backend exception
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.execute(BackendOperation.java:57)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.BackendTransaction.executeRead(BackendTransaction.java:469)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.BackendTransaction.edgeStoreQuery(BackendTransaction.java:268)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.StandardJanusGraph.edgeQuery(StandardJanusGraph.java:424)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.StandardJanusGraph$1.retrieveSchemaRelations(StandardJanusGraph.java:377)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.cache.StandardSchemaCache.getSchemaRelations(StandardSchemaCache.java:170)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.types.vertices.JanusGraphSchemaVertex.getDefinition(JanusGraphSchemaVertex.java:82)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.types.VertexLabelVertex.isPartitioned(VertexLabelVertex.java:33)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.idassigner.VertexIDAssigner.getVertexIDType(VertexIDAssigner.java:363)
.....
Caused by: org.janusgraph.diskstorage.PermanentBackendException: Permanent exception while executing backend operation EdgeStoreQuery
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.executeDirect(BackendOperation.java:82)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.execute(BackendOperation.java:55)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.BackendTransaction.executeRead(BackendTransaction.java:469)
....
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/janusgraph/diskstorage/cassandra/astyanax/AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$2
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.cassandra.astyanax.AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$AstyanaxGetter.getMetaData(AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore.java:263)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.cassandra.astyanax.AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$AstyanaxGetter.getMetaData(AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore.java:237)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.StaticArrayEntryList.getMetaDataSize(StaticArrayEntryList.java:475)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "JanusGraph developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to janusgraph-de...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/janusgraph-dev/3052e272-446c-4315-b6c4-6c5755c9c3ca%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: test failure due to NoClassDefFoundError: ../cassandra/astyanax/AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$2

Jason Plurad <plu...@...>
 

Are you running mvn clean install from the terminal or in an IDE?
Do you have any customizations in ~/.m2/settings.xml?


On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 12:23:45 PM UTC-4, Demai wrote:
Jason,

yeah. although not necessary a mvn/java version issue, it must be environment related. I did what your suggested. 

The good news is that the earlier problem of "JanusGraph-Cassandra: Distributed Graph Database ... SUCCESS [  0.131 s] " passed
the bad news is the failure occur on the next one: "JanusGraph-ElasticSearch: Distributed Indexing Support FAILURE [07:57 min]" 
 
Tests in error: 
  ElasticSearchConfigTest.testIndexCreationOptions » IndexMissing [janusgraph] m...
  ThriftElasticsearchTest.beforeClass:65 » IllegalArgument Path /Users/demai/jan...

2017-09-05 16:09:15.759 [main] WARN  reflections.Reflections: given scan urls are empty. set urls in the configuration
Tests run: 8, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 191.531 sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.janusgraph.diskstorage.es.ElasticSearchConfigTest
testIndexCreationOptions(org.janusgraph.diskstorage.es.ElasticSearchConfigTest)  Time elapsed: 15.762 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.elasticsearch.indices.IndexMissingException: [janusgraph] missing
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.MetaData.convertFromWildcards(MetaData.java:867)
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.MetaData.concreteIndices(MetaData.java:684)
at org.elasticsearch.action.admin.indices.settings.get.TransportGetSettingsAction.checkBlock(TransportGetSettingsAction.java:65)
at org.elasticsearch.action.admin.indices.settings.get.TransportGetSettingsAction.checkBlock(TransportGetSettingsAction.java:46)
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.master.TransportMasterNodeOperationAction.innerExecute(TransportMasterNodeOperationAction.java:96)
......
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

2017-09-05 16:09:16.314 [elasticsearch[Baron Blood][clusterService#updateTask][T#1]] WARN  discovery.zen: [Baron Blood] master left (reason = transport disconnected), current nodes: {[Baron Blood][gZA2xVctTQSfcKJKKwu8uQ][localhost][inet[/127.0.0.1:9304]]{client=true, data=false, local=false},}
Running org.janusgraph.diskstorage.es.ElasticSearchIndexTest
2017-09-05 16:09:36.813 [main] ERROR es.ElasticSearchIndex: Failed to execute ES query MapperParsingException[failed to parse [time]]; nested: NumberFormatException[For input string: "not a time"]; 
2017-09-05 16:09:36.814 [main] ERROR es.ElasticSearchIndex: Failed to execute ES query 1m
java.lang.Exception: failure in bulk execution:
[1]: index [janusgraph], type [vertex], id [failing-doc], message [MapperParsingException[failed to parse [time]]; nested: NumberFormatException[For input string: "not a time"]; ]
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.es.ElasticSearchIndex.mutate(ElasticSearchIndex.java:628)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.indexing.IndexTransaction$1.call(IndexTransaction.java:137)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.indexing.IndexTransaction$1.call(IndexTransaction.java:134)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.executeDirect(BackendOperation.java:69)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.execute(BackendOperation.java:55)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.indexing.IndexTransaction.flushInternal(IndexTransaction.java:134)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.indexing.IndexTransaction.commit(IndexTransaction.java:115)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.es.ElasticSearchIndexTest.testErrorInBatch(ElasticSearchIndexTest.java:172)



On Friday, September 1, 2017 at 6:59:58 AM UTC-7, Jason Plurad wrote:
Agree that Maven/Java version likely isn't the problem, just trying to level set on your environment.
If there was a problem with the build, TravisCI would be failing and there would be a lot more complaints.
Are you running mvn clean install from the terminal or in an IDE?
Do you have any customizations in ~/.m2/settings.xml?

I'd suggest clearing out the local Maven repository and doing a fresh clone

rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/janusgraph/
git clone git@github
.com:JanusGraph/janusgraph.git
cd janusgraph
mvn clean install


On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 5:40:17 PM UTC-4, Demai wrote:
Jason, 

thanks for your response.

I am using:
Apache maven 3.3.9 and Oracle java 1.8.0_102

for this particular problem, probably a link file(pom) somewhere inconsistent? the minor difference with java version is unlikely the problem

Demai

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 11:35 AM, Jason Plurad wrote:
What are your Java and Maven versions? I've been using Maven 3.3.9 with Oracle Java 1.8.0_144 on my Mac.


On Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 1:50:31 PM UTC-4, Demai wrote:
hi, folks,

I am setting up the dev environment on my macbook, and did a "mvn clean install" to run through the testing as instructed here : https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/blob/master/TESTING.md

I encountered the following error due to AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$2 not found. My version is pretty up to date (8/29). I did a quick search in the issues and the email group, but didn't find any reference to this error.  And I am able to find the AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore.java under package org.janusgraph.diskstorage.cassandra.astyanax.  

Just wondering maybe some environment issues? Many thanks


Demai

--------------------------------------------- ERROR messages --------------------------
JanusGraph-Cassandra: Distributed Graph Database ... FAILURE [  01:01 h]

Tests in error:
  AstyanaxGraphTest>JanusGraphTest.testVertexTTLImplicitKey:5141 » JanusGraph Co...
  AstyanaxGraphTest>JanusGraphTest.testEdgeTTLImplicitKey:5100 » JanusGraph Coul...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Test set: org.janusgraph.graphdb.astyanax.AstyanaxGraphTest
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tests run: 65, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 316.392 sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.janusgraph.graphdb.astyanax.AstyanaxGraphTest
testVertexTTLImplicitKey(org.janusgraph.graphdb.astyanax.AstyanaxGraphTest)  Time elapsed: 1.57 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.janusgraph.core.JanusGraphException: Could not execute operation due to backend exception
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.execute(BackendOperation.java:57)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.BackendTransaction.executeRead(BackendTransaction.java:469)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.BackendTransaction.edgeStoreQuery(BackendTransaction.java:268)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.StandardJanusGraph.edgeQuery(StandardJanusGraph.java:424)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.StandardJanusGraph$1.retrieveSchemaRelations(StandardJanusGraph.java:377)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.cache.StandardSchemaCache.getSchemaRelations(StandardSchemaCache.java:170)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.types.vertices.JanusGraphSchemaVertex.getDefinition(JanusGraphSchemaVertex.java:82)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.types.VertexLabelVertex.isPartitioned(VertexLabelVertex.java:33)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.idassigner.VertexIDAssigner.getVertexIDType(VertexIDAssigner.java:363)
.....
Caused by: org.janusgraph.diskstorage.PermanentBackendException: Permanent exception while executing backend operation EdgeStoreQuery
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.executeDirect(BackendOperation.java:82)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.execute(BackendOperation.java:55)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.BackendTransaction.executeRead(BackendTransaction.java:469)
....
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/janusgraph/diskstorage/cassandra/astyanax/AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$2
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.cassandra.astyanax.AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$AstyanaxGetter.getMetaData(AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore.java:263)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.cassandra.astyanax.AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$AstyanaxGetter.getMetaData(AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore.java:237)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.StaticArrayEntryList.getMetaDataSize(StaticArrayEntryList.java:475)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "JanusGraph developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to janusgraph-de...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/janusgraph-dev/3052e272-446c-4315-b6c4-6c5755c9c3ca%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: test failure due to NoClassDefFoundError: ../cassandra/astyanax/AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$2

Demai <nid...@...>
 

Jason,

yeah. although not necessary a mvn/java version issue, it must be environment related. I did what your suggested. 

The good news is that the earlier problem of "JanusGraph-Cassandra: Distributed Graph Database ... SUCCESS [  0.131 s] " passed
the bad news is the failure occur on the next one: "JanusGraph-ElasticSearch: Distributed Indexing Support FAILURE [07:57 min]" 
 
Tests in error: 
  ElasticSearchConfigTest.testIndexCreationOptions » IndexMissing [janusgraph] m...
  ThriftElasticsearchTest.beforeClass:65 » IllegalArgument Path /Users/demai/jan...

2017-09-05 16:09:15.759 [main] WARN  reflections.Reflections: given scan urls are empty. set urls in the configuration
Tests run: 8, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 191.531 sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.janusgraph.diskstorage.es.ElasticSearchConfigTest
testIndexCreationOptions(org.janusgraph.diskstorage.es.ElasticSearchConfigTest)  Time elapsed: 15.762 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.elasticsearch.indices.IndexMissingException: [janusgraph] missing
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.MetaData.convertFromWildcards(MetaData.java:867)
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.MetaData.concreteIndices(MetaData.java:684)
at org.elasticsearch.action.admin.indices.settings.get.TransportGetSettingsAction.checkBlock(TransportGetSettingsAction.java:65)
at org.elasticsearch.action.admin.indices.settings.get.TransportGetSettingsAction.checkBlock(TransportGetSettingsAction.java:46)
at org.elasticsearch.action.support.master.TransportMasterNodeOperationAction.innerExecute(TransportMasterNodeOperationAction.java:96)
......
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

2017-09-05 16:09:16.314 [elasticsearch[Baron Blood][clusterService#updateTask][T#1]] WARN  discovery.zen: [Baron Blood] master left (reason = transport disconnected), current nodes: {[Baron Blood][gZA2xVctTQSfcKJKKwu8uQ][localhost][inet[/127.0.0.1:9304]]{client=true, data=false, local=false},}
Running org.janusgraph.diskstorage.es.ElasticSearchIndexTest
2017-09-05 16:09:36.813 [main] ERROR es.ElasticSearchIndex: Failed to execute ES query MapperParsingException[failed to parse [time]]; nested: NumberFormatException[For input string: "not a time"]; 
2017-09-05 16:09:36.814 [main] ERROR es.ElasticSearchIndex: Failed to execute ES query 1m
java.lang.Exception: failure in bulk execution:
[1]: index [janusgraph], type [vertex], id [failing-doc], message [MapperParsingException[failed to parse [time]]; nested: NumberFormatException[For input string: "not a time"]; ]
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.es.ElasticSearchIndex.mutate(ElasticSearchIndex.java:628)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.indexing.IndexTransaction$1.call(IndexTransaction.java:137)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.indexing.IndexTransaction$1.call(IndexTransaction.java:134)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.executeDirect(BackendOperation.java:69)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.execute(BackendOperation.java:55)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.indexing.IndexTransaction.flushInternal(IndexTransaction.java:134)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.indexing.IndexTransaction.commit(IndexTransaction.java:115)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.es.ElasticSearchIndexTest.testErrorInBatch(ElasticSearchIndexTest.java:172)



On Friday, September 1, 2017 at 6:59:58 AM UTC-7, Jason Plurad wrote:
Agree that Maven/Java version likely isn't the problem, just trying to level set on your environment.
If there was a problem with the build, TravisCI would be failing and there would be a lot more complaints.
Are you running mvn clean install from the terminal or in an IDE?
Do you have any customizations in ~/.m2/settings.xml?

I'd suggest clearing out the local Maven repository and doing a fresh clone

rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/janusgraph/
git clone git@github
.com:JanusGraph/janusgraph.git
cd janusgraph
mvn clean install


On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 5:40:17 PM UTC-4, Demai wrote:
Jason, 

thanks for your response.

I am using:
Apache maven 3.3.9 and Oracle java 1.8.0_102

for this particular problem, probably a link file(pom) somewhere inconsistent? the minor difference with java version is unlikely the problem

Demai

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 11:35 AM, Jason Plurad wrote:
What are your Java and Maven versions? I've been using Maven 3.3.9 with Oracle Java 1.8.0_144 on my Mac.


On Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 1:50:31 PM UTC-4, Demai wrote:
hi, folks,

I am setting up the dev environment on my macbook, and did a "mvn clean install" to run through the testing as instructed here : https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/blob/master/TESTING.md

I encountered the following error due to AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$2 not found. My version is pretty up to date (8/29). I did a quick search in the issues and the email group, but didn't find any reference to this error.  And I am able to find the AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore.java under package org.janusgraph.diskstorage.cassandra.astyanax.  

Just wondering maybe some environment issues? Many thanks


Demai

--------------------------------------------- ERROR messages --------------------------
JanusGraph-Cassandra: Distributed Graph Database ... FAILURE [  01:01 h]

Tests in error:
  AstyanaxGraphTest>JanusGraphTest.testVertexTTLImplicitKey:5141 » JanusGraph Co...
  AstyanaxGraphTest>JanusGraphTest.testEdgeTTLImplicitKey:5100 » JanusGraph Coul...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Test set: org.janusgraph.graphdb.astyanax.AstyanaxGraphTest
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tests run: 65, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 316.392 sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.janusgraph.graphdb.astyanax.AstyanaxGraphTest
testVertexTTLImplicitKey(org.janusgraph.graphdb.astyanax.AstyanaxGraphTest)  Time elapsed: 1.57 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.janusgraph.core.JanusGraphException: Could not execute operation due to backend exception
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.execute(BackendOperation.java:57)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.BackendTransaction.executeRead(BackendTransaction.java:469)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.BackendTransaction.edgeStoreQuery(BackendTransaction.java:268)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.StandardJanusGraph.edgeQuery(StandardJanusGraph.java:424)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.StandardJanusGraph$1.retrieveSchemaRelations(StandardJanusGraph.java:377)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.cache.StandardSchemaCache.getSchemaRelations(StandardSchemaCache.java:170)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.types.vertices.JanusGraphSchemaVertex.getDefinition(JanusGraphSchemaVertex.java:82)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.types.VertexLabelVertex.isPartitioned(VertexLabelVertex.java:33)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.idassigner.VertexIDAssigner.getVertexIDType(VertexIDAssigner.java:363)
.....
Caused by: org.janusgraph.diskstorage.PermanentBackendException: Permanent exception while executing backend operation EdgeStoreQuery
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.executeDirect(BackendOperation.java:82)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.execute(BackendOperation.java:55)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.BackendTransaction.executeRead(BackendTransaction.java:469)
....
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/janusgraph/diskstorage/cassandra/astyanax/AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$2
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.cassandra.astyanax.AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$AstyanaxGetter.getMetaData(AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore.java:263)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.cassandra.astyanax.AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$AstyanaxGetter.getMetaData(AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore.java:237)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.StaticArrayEntryList.getMetaDataSize(StaticArrayEntryList.java:475)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "JanusGraph developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to janusgraph-de...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/janusgraph-dev/3052e272-446c-4315-b6c4-6c5755c9c3ca%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: pull request backlog

Henry Saputra <henry....@...>
 

Can help looking at this

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 3:16 PM, sjudeng <sju...@...> wrote:
Is there a Maven-savy committer that could review the POM changes in https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/pull/464?

On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 1:14:29 PM UTC-5, Jason Plurad wrote:
Folks, we're getting clogged up a bit in the pull request queue. Please take some time to review the contributions out there so we can keep moving forward towards the next release. We're getting pretty close, especially after we lock down on the TinkerPop version.

These need one more committer approval:


Among the rest, I'd think that most are good candidates for the next release. If we can continue to chip away at the backlog, we would be in good position to start talking about a vote. Keep in mind: Non-committers are free, and encouraged, to review pull requests. Their review will be non-binding, but can be taken into consideration and are still very valuable community input.

If there are other issues out there that you are working on that should be prioritized for the next release, please respond on this thread and make it known!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "JanusGraph developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to janusgraph-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/janusgraph-dev/cda200cb-7e61-4369-a5af-edd325a98d81%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: test failure due to NoClassDefFoundError: ../cassandra/astyanax/AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$2

Jason Plurad <plu...@...>
 

Agree that Maven/Java version likely isn't the problem, just trying to level set on your environment.
If there was a problem with the build, TravisCI would be failing and there would be a lot more complaints.
Are you running mvn clean install from the terminal or in an IDE?
Do you have any customizations in ~/.m2/settings.xml?

I'd suggest clearing out the local Maven repository and doing a fresh clone

rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/janusgraph/
git clone git@github
.com:JanusGraph/janusgraph.git
cd janusgraph
mvn clean install


On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 5:40:17 PM UTC-4, Demai wrote:
Jason, 

thanks for your response.

I am using:
Apache maven 3.3.9 and Oracle java 1.8.0_102

for this particular problem, probably a link file(pom) somewhere inconsistent? the minor difference with java version is unlikely the problem

Demai

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 11:35 AM, Jason Plurad wrote:
What are your Java and Maven versions? I've been using Maven 3.3.9 with Oracle Java 1.8.0_144 on my Mac.


On Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 1:50:31 PM UTC-4, Demai wrote:
hi, folks,

I am setting up the dev environment on my macbook, and did a "mvn clean install" to run through the testing as instructed here : https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/blob/master/TESTING.md

I encountered the following error due to AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$2 not found. My version is pretty up to date (8/29). I did a quick search in the issues and the email group, but didn't find any reference to this error.  And I am able to find the AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore.java under package org.janusgraph.diskstorage.cassandra.astyanax.  

Just wondering maybe some environment issues? Many thanks


Demai

--------------------------------------------- ERROR messages --------------------------
JanusGraph-Cassandra: Distributed Graph Database ... FAILURE [  01:01 h]

Tests in error:
  AstyanaxGraphTest>JanusGraphTest.testVertexTTLImplicitKey:5141 » JanusGraph Co...
  AstyanaxGraphTest>JanusGraphTest.testEdgeTTLImplicitKey:5100 » JanusGraph Coul...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Test set: org.janusgraph.graphdb.astyanax.AstyanaxGraphTest
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tests run: 65, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 316.392 sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.janusgraph.graphdb.astyanax.AstyanaxGraphTest
testVertexTTLImplicitKey(org.janusgraph.graphdb.astyanax.AstyanaxGraphTest)  Time elapsed: 1.57 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.janusgraph.core.JanusGraphException: Could not execute operation due to backend exception
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.execute(BackendOperation.java:57)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.BackendTransaction.executeRead(BackendTransaction.java:469)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.BackendTransaction.edgeStoreQuery(BackendTransaction.java:268)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.StandardJanusGraph.edgeQuery(StandardJanusGraph.java:424)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.StandardJanusGraph$1.retrieveSchemaRelations(StandardJanusGraph.java:377)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.cache.StandardSchemaCache.getSchemaRelations(StandardSchemaCache.java:170)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.types.vertices.JanusGraphSchemaVertex.getDefinition(JanusGraphSchemaVertex.java:82)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.types.VertexLabelVertex.isPartitioned(VertexLabelVertex.java:33)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.idassigner.VertexIDAssigner.getVertexIDType(VertexIDAssigner.java:363)
.....
Caused by: org.janusgraph.diskstorage.PermanentBackendException: Permanent exception while executing backend operation EdgeStoreQuery
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.executeDirect(BackendOperation.java:82)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.execute(BackendOperation.java:55)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.BackendTransaction.executeRead(BackendTransaction.java:469)
....
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/janusgraph/diskstorage/cassandra/astyanax/AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$2
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.cassandra.astyanax.AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$AstyanaxGetter.getMetaData(AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore.java:263)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.cassandra.astyanax.AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$AstyanaxGetter.getMetaData(AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore.java:237)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.StaticArrayEntryList.getMetaDataSize(StaticArrayEntryList.java:475)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "JanusGraph developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to janusgraph-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/janusgraph-dev/3052e272-446c-4315-b6c4-6c5755c9c3ca%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Re: test failure due to NoClassDefFoundError: ../cassandra/astyanax/AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$2

Demai Ni <nid...@...>
 

Jason, 

thanks for your response.

I am using:
Apache maven 3.3.9 and Oracle java 1.8.0_102

for this particular problem, probably a link file(pom) somewhere inconsistent? the minor difference with java version is unlikely the problem

Demai

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 11:35 AM, Jason Plurad <plu...@...> wrote:
What are your Java and Maven versions? I've been using Maven 3.3.9 with Oracle Java 1.8.0_144 on my Mac.


On Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 1:50:31 PM UTC-4, Demai wrote:
hi, folks,

I am setting up the dev environment on my macbook, and did a "mvn clean install" to run through the testing as instructed here : https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/blob/master/TESTING.md

I encountered the following error due to AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$2 not found. My version is pretty up to date (8/29). I did a quick search in the issues and the email group, but didn't find any reference to this error.  And I am able to find the AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore.java under package org.janusgraph.diskstorage.cassandra.astyanax.  

Just wondering maybe some environment issues? Many thanks


Demai

--------------------------------------------- ERROR messages --------------------------
JanusGraph-Cassandra: Distributed Graph Database ... FAILURE [  01:01 h]

Tests in error:
  AstyanaxGraphTest>JanusGraphTest.testVertexTTLImplicitKey:5141 » JanusGraph Co...
  AstyanaxGraphTest>JanusGraphTest.testEdgeTTLImplicitKey:5100 » JanusGraph Coul...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Test set: org.janusgraph.graphdb.astyanax.AstyanaxGraphTest
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tests run: 65, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 316.392 sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.janusgraph.graphdb.astyanax.AstyanaxGraphTest
testVertexTTLImplicitKey(org.janusgraph.graphdb.astyanax.AstyanaxGraphTest)  Time elapsed: 1.57 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.janusgraph.core.JanusGraphException: Could not execute operation due to backend exception
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.execute(BackendOperation.java:57)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.BackendTransaction.executeRead(BackendTransaction.java:469)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.BackendTransaction.edgeStoreQuery(BackendTransaction.java:268)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.StandardJanusGraph.edgeQuery(StandardJanusGraph.java:424)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.StandardJanusGraph$1.retrieveSchemaRelations(StandardJanusGraph.java:377)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.cache.StandardSchemaCache.getSchemaRelations(StandardSchemaCache.java:170)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.types.vertices.JanusGraphSchemaVertex.getDefinition(JanusGraphSchemaVertex.java:82)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.types.VertexLabelVertex.isPartitioned(VertexLabelVertex.java:33)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.idassigner.VertexIDAssigner.getVertexIDType(VertexIDAssigner.java:363)
.....
Caused by: org.janusgraph.diskstorage.PermanentBackendException: Permanent exception while executing backend operation EdgeStoreQuery
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.executeDirect(BackendOperation.java:82)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.execute(BackendOperation.java:55)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.BackendTransaction.executeRead(BackendTransaction.java:469)
....
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/janusgraph/diskstorage/cassandra/astyanax/AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$2
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.cassandra.astyanax.AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$AstyanaxGetter.getMetaData(AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore.java:263)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.cassandra.astyanax.AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$AstyanaxGetter.getMetaData(AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore.java:237)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.StaticArrayEntryList.getMetaDataSize(StaticArrayEntryList.java:475)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "JanusGraph developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to janusgraph-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/janusgraph-dev/3052e272-446c-4315-b6c4-6c5755c9c3ca%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

1201 - 1220 of 1585