Date

Re: test failure due to NoClassDefFoundError: ../cassandra/astyanax/AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$2

Jason Plurad <plu...@...>

What are your Java and Maven versions? I've been using Maven 3.3.9 with Oracle Java 1.8.0_144 on my Mac.

On Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 1:50:31 PM UTC-4, Demai wrote:
hi, folks,

I am setting up the dev environment on my macbook, and did a "mvn clean install" to run through the testing as instructed here : https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/blob/master/TESTING.md

I encountered the following error due to AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$2 not found. My version is pretty up to date (8/29). I did a quick search in the issues and the email group, but didn't find any reference to this error.  And I am able to find the AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore.java under package org.janusgraph.diskstorage.cassandra.astyanax.

Just wondering maybe some environment issues? Many thanks

Demai

--------------------------------------------- ERROR messages --------------------------
JanusGraph-Cassandra: Distributed Graph Database ... FAILURE [  01:01 h]

Tests in error:
  AstyanaxGraphTest>JanusGraphTest.testVertexTTLImplicitKey:5141 » JanusGraph Co...
  AstyanaxGraphTest>JanusGraphTest.testEdgeTTLImplicitKey:5100 » JanusGraph Coul...

Test set: org.janusgraph.graphdb.astyanax.AstyanaxGraphTest
Tests run: 65, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 316.392 sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.janusgraph.graphdb.astyanax.AstyanaxGraphTest
testVertexTTLImplicitKey(org.janusgraph.graphdb.astyanax.AstyanaxGraphTest)  Time elapsed: 1.57 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.janusgraph.core.JanusGraphException: Could not execute operation due to backend exception
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.execute(BackendOperation.java:57)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.BackendTransaction.executeRead(BackendTransaction.java:469)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.BackendTransaction.edgeStoreQuery(BackendTransaction.java:268)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.StandardJanusGraph.edgeQuery(StandardJanusGraph.java:424)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.StandardJanusGraph$1.retrieveSchemaRelations(StandardJanusGraph.java:377)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.cache.StandardSchemaCache.getSchemaRelations(StandardSchemaCache.java:170)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.types.vertices.JanusGraphSchemaVertex.getDefinition(JanusGraphSchemaVertex.java:82)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.types.VertexLabelVertex.isPartitioned(VertexLabelVertex.java:33)
at org.janusgraph.graphdb.database.idassigner.VertexIDAssigner.getVertexIDType(VertexIDAssigner.java:363)
Caused by: org.janusgraph.diskstorage.PermanentBackendException: Permanent exception while executing backend operation EdgeStoreQuery
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.executeDirect(BackendOperation.java:82)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.BackendOperation.execute(BackendOperation.java:55)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.BackendTransaction.executeRead(BackendTransaction.java:469)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/janusgraph/diskstorage/cassandra/astyanax/AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$2
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.cassandra.astyanax.AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$AstyanaxGetter.getMetaData(AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore.java:263)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.cassandra.astyanax.AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$AstyanaxGetter.getMetaData(AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore.java:237)
at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.util.StaticArrayEntryList.getMetaDataSize(StaticArrayEntryList.java:475)

Re: pull request backlog

sjudeng <sju...@...>

Is there a Maven-savy committer that could review the POM changes in https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/pull/464?

On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 1:14:29 PM UTC-5, Jason Plurad wrote:
Folks, we're getting clogged up a bit in the pull request queue. Please take some time to review the contributions out there so we can keep moving forward towards the next release. We're getting pretty close, especially after we lock down on the TinkerPop version.

These need one more committer approval:

Among the rest, I'd think that most are good candidates for the next release. If we can continue to chip away at the backlog, we would be in good position to start talking about a vote. Keep in mind: Non-committers are free, and encouraged, to review pull requests. Their review will be non-binding, but can be taken into consideration and are still very valuable community input.

If there are other issues out there that you are working on that should be prioritized for the next release, please respond on this thread and make it known!

test failure due to NoClassDefFoundError: ../cassandra/astyanax/AstyanaxKeyColumnValueStore$2

Demai <nid...@...>

[...]

Re: [DISCUSS] TinkerPop version for next JanusGraph release

Keith Lohnes <loh...@...>

I also like the idea of having the current 0.2.0 release with 3.2.6 and putting the 3.3.x release on master with the intent of releasing that as 0.3.x JanusGraph.

-Keith

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 5:18 PM Jerry He <jerr...@...> wrote:
I second the idea to have the current 0.2.0 release with the TinkerPop
3.2.6, for the sake of avoiding too many (incompatible) moving parts.
Then TinkerPop 3.3 in master with a planned JanusGraph 0.3 release
soon after.
But my thinking is not strong and can go either way.

Thanks,

Jerry

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 10:47 AM, sjudeng <sju...@...> wrote:
> This sounds good to me, especially if we can move toward a very near term
> 0.2.0 release. After that we can go immediately to TinkerPop 3.3.0 on master
> and start working towards a 0.3.0 release once we've done more testing and a
> snapshot release or two have gone out for community evaluation. I'd even be
> willing to go further and say that after the 0.2.0 release the 0.2.x branch
> would only need to get bug fixes. Given our state as a development community
> and the unresolved merge/commit flow question I think we're better
> positioned at this point to move forward with development just on master.
>
> On Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 9:33:02 AM UTC-5, Robert Dale wrote:
>>
>> I wouldn't mind a 0.2.x release train based on tinkerpop 3.2.x.  Thus
>> release 0.2.0 with 3.2.6.   But I think there should be a 0.3.x train and a
>> 0.3.0-SNAPSHOT with tinkerpop 3.3.0. I also think let 0.1.x die unless
>> someone really wants to own that.
>>
>> Then 0.2.x gets bug fixes and non-breaking features/changes.
>> 0.3.x gets 0.2.x changes + breaking features/changes
>>

>> Robert Dale
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 8:15 AM, sjudeng <s...@...> wrote:
>>>
>>> I think it depends on how soon we want to release 0.2.0. I think we
>>> should either release 0.2.0 in the near term with TinkerPop 3.2.6 or merge
>>> the update to TinkerPop 3.3.0 and then delay the 0.2.0 release to allow time
>>> for community testing. My personal preference is to release 0.2.0 as soon as
>>> possible with TinkerPop 3.2.6.
>>>
>>> We're benefiting greatly from a large user community that has been
>>> willing/forced to do extensive testing/production work off
>>> master/0.2.0-SNAPSHOT. Based on the current feedback in lists/issues it
>>> appears to me that we're really pretty stable right now and it would be a
>>> good time to release (with some merges of minor pending PRs). That is we're
>>> no longer seeing issues like "janusgraph.sh isn't starting" or "I can't
>>> update my existing Titan DB" (right?). The issues are now mostly more about
>>> new features.
>>>
>>> If we were to bump to TinkerPop 3.3.0 (and those who follow TinkerPop
>>> more closely will correct me if I'm wrong here) I think the changes are
>>> non-trivial (certainly not as trivial as going from 3.2.4->3.2.5->3.2.6) and
>>> they should be out on master/snapshots for awhile and give everyone a chance
>>> to try them out before releasing. I don't know how much time would be
>>> necessary, but I'm thinking at least a month given our velocity (the 0.2.x
>>> changes have been out for 6 months). I just don't think a stable release is
>>> the time for testing.

>>> --
>>

> --

Re: [DISCUSS] TinkerPop version for next JanusGraph release

Jason Plurad <plu...@...>

I think we'll still have one more 0.1 release to incorporate the straggling migration issues that came up (PR 445, PR 463).
0.1.x should be the target for Titan migrations because the dependencies are largely the same.
Then once they migrate to JanusGraph, we're only dealing with JanusGraph migration.

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 10:47 AM, sjudeng wrote:
> This sounds good to me, especially if we can move toward a very near term
> 0.2.0 release. After that we can go immediately to TinkerPop 3.3.0 on master
> and start working towards a 0.3.0 release once we've done more testing and a
> snapshot release or two have gone out for community evaluation. I'd even be
> willing to go further and say that after the 0.2.0 release the 0.2.x branch
> would only need to get bug fixes. Given our state as a development community
> and the unresolved merge/commit flow question I think we're better
> positioned at this point to move forward with development just on master.
>
> On Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 9:33:02 AM UTC-5, Robert Dale wrote:
>>
>> I wouldn't mind a 0.2.x release train based on tinkerpop 3.2.x.  Thus
>> release 0.2.0 with 3.2.6.   But I think there should be a 0.3.x train and a
>> 0.3.0-SNAPSHOT with tinkerpop 3.3.0. I also think let 0.1.x die unless
>> someone really wants to own that.
>>
>> Then 0.2.x gets bug fixes and non-breaking features/changes.
>> 0.3.x gets 0.2.x changes + breaking features/changes
>>

>> Robert Dale
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 8:15 AM, sjudeng wrote:
>>>
>>> I think it depends on how soon we want to release 0.2.0. I think we
>>> should either release 0.2.0 in the near term with TinkerPop 3.2.6 or merge
>>> the update to TinkerPop 3.3.0 and then delay the 0.2.0 release to allow time
>>> for community testing. My personal preference is to release 0.2.0 as soon as
>>> possible with TinkerPop 3.2.6.
>>>
>>> We're benefiting greatly from a large user community that has been
>>> willing/forced to do extensive testing/production work off
>>> master/0.2.0-SNAPSHOT. Based on the current feedback in lists/issues it
>>> appears to me that we're really pretty stable right now and it would be a
>>> good time to release (with some merges of minor pending PRs). That is we're
>>> no longer seeing issues like "janusgraph.sh isn't starting" or "I can't
>>> update my existing Titan DB" (right?). The issues are now mostly more about
>>> new features.
>>>
>>> If we were to bump to TinkerPop 3.3.0 (and those who follow TinkerPop
>>> more closely will correct me if I'm wrong here) I think the changes are
>>> non-trivial (certainly not as trivial as going from 3.2.4->3.2.5->3.2.6) and
>>> they should be out on master/snapshots for awhile and give everyone a chance
>>> to try them out before releasing. I don't know how much time would be
>>> necessary, but I'm thinking at least a month given our velocity (the 0.2.x
>>> changes have been out for 6 months). I just don't think a stable release is
>>> the time for testing.

>>> --
>>

> --

Re: Add topic URL to email template footer

Misha Brukman <mbru...@...>

Done for both *-dev and *-users lists.

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 10:37 AM, Robert Dale <rob...@...> wrote:
Can we get the URL back to the group/topic added to the email template footer?

As is:
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "JanusGraph users" group.

To be:
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "JanusGraph users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/janusgraph-users/lXCn5bnCg3c

--

Add topic URL to email template footer

Robert Dale <rob...@...>

Can we get the URL back to the group/topic added to the email template footer?

As is:
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "JanusGraph users" group.

To be:
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "JanusGraph users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/janusgraph-users/lXCn5bnCg3c

Re: New committer: David Clement

Henry Saputra <henry....@...>

Congrats, and welcome!

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 3:26 PM, sjudeng <sju...@...> wrote:
Welcome on board, David!

On Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 9:20:12 AM UTC-5, Jason Plurad wrote:
On behalf of the JanusGraph Technical Steering Committee (TSC), I'm pleased to welcome a new committer on the project!

David Clement has submitted several good pull requests which enhanced the functionality for the indexing backends, both ES and Solr. He has been thorough and quite responsive to the feedback offered in the reviews.

--

Jerry He <jerr...@...>

[...]

Congrats and welcome, David!

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 8:15 AM, sjudeng <sju...@...> wrote:
[...]

Samik Raychaudhuri <sam...@...>

Definitely looking forward to Spark 2.2 upgrade. I have tried doing that manually and failed.
Thanks.
-Samik

On 29-Aug-17 2:15 AM, Austin Sharp wrote:

As a user, we don't use Spark but are very excited for the new CQL and ES 5.x backends. I didn't see anything in the TP3.3 release notes that would affect us negatively.

Austin Sharp <austins...@...>

I'd be excited to see https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/pull/392 in the next release. Misha had some issues that have since been addressed and Jason, I think you left some comments about it, but I haven't seen anything in while.

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 2:14 PM Jason Plurad <plu...@...> wrote:
[...]

The upgrade nodes are here http://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/3.3.0/upgrade/#_tinkerpop_3_3_0_2

The section on upgrading for database providers is rather slim http://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/3.3.0/upgrade/#_upgrading_for_providers

On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 2:04:26 PM UTC-4, Jerry He wrote:
Are there any other incompatible changes from TinkerPop 3.2.x to 3.3?

Thanks,

Jerry

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 10:40 AM, Robert Dale wrote:
> +1 for TinkerPop 3.3
>
> Robert Dale
>
> On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 12:19 PM, Jason Plurad wrote:
>>
>> TinkerPop 3.3.0 is released, TinkerPop 3.2.6 also. JanusGraph master is
>> currently at TinkerPop 3.2.6.
>>
>> sjudeng has a pull request open for TP 3.3 support, and it is passing
>> Travis CI.
>>
>> TinkerPop 3.3 is the latest, greatest release. The most notable part of
>> it, as far as dependencies are concerned, is that it brings Spark 2.2 (Scala
>> 2.11) support. This is a big jump forward from Spark 1.6.1 (Scala 2.10)
>> released in March 2016.
>>
>> Any reason to hold up from moving forward with TP 3.3? Any users in
>> production out there relying on Spark 1.6.1? The 0.1 branch is still open
>> for fixes, so that could be the answer for people that want to stick with
>> the older versions.
>>
>> I'm +1 for moving to TinkerPop 3.3.
>>
>> --
>

> --

pull request backlog

Jason Plurad <plu...@...>

https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/pull/443
https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/pull/457
https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/pull/463
https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/pull/473

Among the rest, I'd think that most are good candidates for the next release. If we can continue to chip away at the backlog, we would be in good position to start talking about a vote. Keep in mind: Non-committers are free, and encouraged, to review pull requests. Their review will be non-binding, but can be taken into consideration and are still very valuable community input.

If there are other issues out there that you are working on that should be prioritized for the next release, please respond on this thread and make it known!

1221 - 1240 of 1585