Date

Locking parent vertex while child is being updated.

Timon Schneider <timons...@...>

Hi all,

I have a question about locking data through Janusgraph.

Here’s the problem:
* We have a vertex with the label “type” with several properties
* Types have one edge “hasVersion” to a vertex with a label “version”
* This version vertex has a boolean property “published”.
* The type’s properties should not be allowed to be changed if the version’s published property is true.

We’re dealing with many concurrent user’s who might changes the type’s properties and set the version’s published property to true at the same time. And we need to be sure that the type’s properties are not change once it’s published.

Is there a way to lock the version vertex once the type is being changed in a transaction? This would make sure that the type is not published by a concurrent user while it is being changed.

We’re using the following configuration. Also we’re setting all relevant elements to ConsistencyModifier.LOCK through graph.openManagement().setConsistency.
JanusGraphFactory.build()
        .set("storage.backend", "hbase")
        .set("storage.hbase.table", "testGraph")
        .set("storage.hostname", "localhost")
        .set("cache.db-cache", true)
        .set("cache.db-cache-clean-wait", 20)
        .set("cache.db-cache-time", 180000)
        .set("cache.db-cache-size", 0.5)
        .set("schema.constraints", true)
        .set("schema.default", "none")
        .open();

Thanks in advance,
Timon

Re: Could not alias [g] to [g] as [g]

Yamiteru XYZ <yamit...@...>

Can you help me? It's really frustrating and I cannot find a solution. I can even give you ssh access so you can try to find a solution. Anything. I'm desperate.

On Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 4:25:10 PM UTC+1 Yamiteru XYZ wrote:
It wasn't as stated in later posts..

On Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 3:27:08 PM UTC+1 HadoopMarc wrote:
Thnaks for posting back that the issue was solved!

Op woensdag 6 januari 2021 om 12:02:38 UTC+1 schreef ya...@...:
I use this code on my server:

import { process, driver } from "gremlin";

const url = 'ws://localhost:8182/gremlin';
const traversal = process.AnonymousTraversalSource.traversal;
const DriverRemoteConnection = driver.DriverRemoteConnection;
const DriverClientConnection = driver.Client;
const remote = new DriverRemoteConnection(url);
const client = new DriverClientConnection(url);

export const g = traversal().withRemote(remote);
export const c = client;
export const T = process.t;
export const __ = process.statics;

export default g;

On Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at 2:33:55 PM UTC+1 HadoopMarc wrote:
OK, I understand now what you mean with "I see this error only on my server ". What happens if you try to open a websocket connection with a test webscocket client, e.g. for firefox:

It might be that the server does not have an open 8182 port. For less wilder guesses, I really need more information (client stacktrace, server logs, etc).

Best wishes,     Marc
Op dinsdag 5 januari 2021 om 12:38:27 UTC+1 schreef ya...@...:
I'm using the docker version and I haven't changed anything. Where do I find the yaml config? I've tested it on 2 PC's (ubuntu and windows) and it works without a problem. It doesn't work only on a server (ubuntu).

On Monday, January 4, 2021 at 5:37:37 PM UTC+1 HadoopMarc wrote:
Hi,

Can you show the gremlin server yaml config file (part of janusgraph) as well as the groovy script file it refers to? The groovy script should define the GraphTraversalSource g that you want to bind to.

Best wishes,     Marc

Op zondag 3 januari 2021 om 23:56:20 UTC+1 schreef ya...@...:
Hi, I have JanusGraph with Scylla and Elasticsearch in a docker. I'm connecting to JanusGraph on backend using gremlin.

I see this error only on my server and not on my local machine. What does it mean and more importantly how do I fix it? I'm a noob when it comes to backend and database stuff so please be kind. Thank you.

Re: Could not alias [g] to [g] as [g]

Yamiteru XYZ <yamit...@...>

[...]

Re: docker base tests for scylladb stopped working

Israel Fruchter <fr...@...>

Hi Jan

can you elaborate on the method ? as far I've seen the new check is checking the name of the repo, and would expect is to start with string `cassandra`
otherwise it would fail and not run.

in our case the project name is `scylladb` hence it doesn't match

can we revert the new version of testcontainers until we can figure a work around this ?

On Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at 6:06:29 PM UTC+2 fa...@... wrote:
Hi
If you like you could open an issue for it.

We already have a flag to run test against different version of Cassandra you could add Scylla to this test, if you like.

Greetings,
Jan

On 5. Jan 2021, at 15:58, Israel Fruchter <f...@...> wrote:

close look seem to there a new PR

that breaks taking scylla docker as a drop in replacement in the tests...
since it's name doesn't start with "cassandra"...

running the test suite with the cassandra docker image does work...

Any ideas on how it can be solved ?
On Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at 4:55:27 PM UTC+2 Israel Fruchter wrote:
seem like this one the breaks the code:

commit f52250f092cfe310916a6a9e743a4ba2a4b62607 (HEAD)
Author: dependabot-preview[bot] <27856297+dependabot-preview[bot]@users.noreply.github.com>
Date:   Mon Dec 28 11:14:35 2020 +0000

    Bump testcontainers.version from 1.14.3 to 1.15.1

    Bumps `testcontainers.version` from 1.14.3 to 1.15.1.

    Updates `testcontainers` from 1.14.3 to 1.15.1

    Updates `elasticsearch` from 1.14.3 to 1.15.1

    Updates `cassandra` from 1.14.3 to 1.15.1

    Updates `junit-jupiter` from 1.14.3 to 1.15.1

    Signed-off-by: dependabot-preview[bot] <s...@...>

On Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at 12:16:14 PM UTC+2 Israel Fruchter wrote:
Recently the docker base tests for scylladb stopped working
the last confirmed one that was working (in our CI) was c97e84ef401d5a17c4c0b37c1af5fdad06db06fd

how can I figure out what is the issue there ?

$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_201"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.201-b09, mixed mode)

$ mvn clean install -pl janusgraph-cql -Pscylladb

[ERROR] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.085 s <<< FAILURE! - in org.janusgraph.diskstorage.cql.CQLDistributedStoreManagerTest
[ERROR] org.janusgraph.diskstorage.cql.CQLDistributedStoreManagerTest  Time elapsed: 0.085 s  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at org.janusgraph.diskstorage.cql.CQLDistributedStoreManagerTest.<clinit>(CQLDistributedStoreManagerTest.java:37)

--

Re: Could not alias [g] to [g] as [g]

HadoopMarc <bi...@...>

[...]

Re: How to see the ns (name space) values of janus graph

HadoopMarc <bi...@...>

Hi
All the magic you mention happens in the python rdflib and rdf2gremlin packages, which I am not familiar with. I would inspect the API for the rdf_graph instance and see how to retrieve the required information to define the janusgraph schema. Hopefully, the load_rdf2g method respects the bulk loading recommendations from the janusgraph ref docs!

Best wishes,    Marc
Op woensdag 6 januari 2021 om 12:02:55 UTC+1 schreef ar...@...:

Hi

I am using the below code to load the RDF data to janus graph -

from rdf2g import setup_graph
DEFAULT_LOCAL_CONNECTION_STRING = "ws://localhost:8182/gremlin"
g = setup_graph(DEFAULT_LOCAL_CONNECTION_STRING)

import rdflib
import pathlib

OUTPUT_FILE_LAM_PROPERTIES = pathlib.Path("path/to/ttl/file/.nt").resolve()

rdf_graph = rdflib.Graph()

rdf_graph.parse(str(OUTPUT_FILE_LAM_PROPERTIES), format="nt")
from rdf2g import load_rdf2g
load_rdf2g(g, rdf_graph)

and after that vertice property, it looks like   -  property key - ns1:altLabel  and its value - Africa
                                                                                   property key - iri and its value is  -  http://www.hcdbs.com/hcdbs_cms_geo/Africa_Concept

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 7:48 PM HadoopMarc <b...@...> wrote:
Hi,

I am not aware of any JanusGraph properties that apply specifically to rdf or url data. Can you explain how you "upload" an rdf triple to janusgraph and give an example how the data look like as input triple and as JanusGraph vertex and edge?

Best wishes,     Marc

Op maandag 4 januari 2021 om 13:04:39 UTC+1 schreef ar...@...:

I have rfd data which is in turtle or xml format. Now the data is having the vertex property name in the form of URL so when I upload that data to Janus graph it converts those URL values to ns1,ns2 and goes on for each unique url.

Now my first question is how the Janus graph is doing that and how I can get those ns values.

Because I need to define my own schema for Janus graph because I need to upload bulk data and for bulk upload, the manual schema creation is required for fast upload speed. How I can crate schema for those URLs. I mean during schema creation we have to declare the property of vertices and in my case properties are url so what is the best way to achieve this.

--

Re: Serialization of properties of properties

Florian Hockmann <f...@...>

GraphSON is a serialization format from TinkerPop to serialize graph objects. It doesn't serialize properties as simple key-value pairs. To try out how vertex properties with meta properties are serialized in GraphSON, we can create your vertex and then dump the test graph to disk in GraphSON format with the Gremlin Console:

gremlin> g.addV().property('name','alice').property('age',23).property('address','something')
==>v[11]
gremlin> g.V().has('name','alice').properties('address').property('source','bar')
==>vp[address->something]
gremlin> g.V().has('name','alice').properties('age').property('source','foo')
==>vp[age->23]
gremlin> g.V().properties().properties()
==>p[source->bar]
==>p[source->foo]
gremlin> g.io("graph_out.json").write().iterate()

The resulting JSON then looks like this:

{
    "id": {
        "@type": "g:Int64",
        "@value": 11
    },
    "label": "vertex",
    "properties": {
        "address": [
            {
                "id": {
                    "@type": "g:Int64",
                    "@value": 12
                },
                "value": "something",
                "properties": {
                    "source": "bar"
                }
            }
        ],
        "name": [
            {
                "id": {
                    "@type": "g:Int64",
                    "@value": 13
                },
                "value": "alice"
            }
        ],
        "age": [
            {
                "id": {
                    "@type": "g:Int64",
                    "@value": 14
                },
                "value": {
                    "@type": "g:Int32",
                    "@value": 23
                },
                "properties": {
                    "source": "foo"
                }
            }
        ]
    }
}

As you can see, the vertex properties are stored as a map with the names of the properties as their keys and the values are a list of vertex property objects. It's a list because you can have multiple values for the same properties. This could be used in your example when different sources give you different addresses for the same person. Such a vertex property object can then have additional properties which hold the meta properties.
You can get more information about GraphSON in the TinkerPop IO docs. I used the current version 3.0 of GraphSON here which is also the default version of JanusGraph.

These IO docs also document how TinkerPop implements GraphML and they mention that some TinkerPop features are not supported by GraphML which includes meta-properties.

Laura Morales schrieb am Mittwoch, 6. Januar 2021 um 03:31:03 UTC+1:

The docs describes that properties can have properties too. https://docs.janusgraph.org/advanced-topics/advschema/#multi-properties
For example:

alice -age-> 23 -source-> foo
-address-> "something" -source-> bar

My question is, how are these properties of properties serialized in GraphML and GraphSON? In JSON properties are simple key-value pairs, for example

{
"alice": {
"age": 23,
"address": "something
}
}

so I don't really understand where would the "source" properties be added. Thanks.

[...]

The websocket is open. I forgot to put "/gremlin" at the end.

[...]

Ok now it stopped working and I haven't done anything since it started working.. wtf..

[...]

So it had to be something with a firewall blocking some of the ports.. I've disabled the firewall and it works. Thank you :)

[...]

This is my docker-compose.yml

version: "3"

services:
graph:
image: janusgraph/janusgraph:0.5.2
environment:
JANUS_PROPS_TEMPLATE: cassandra-es
janusgraph.storage.backend: cql
janusgraph.storage.hostname: db
janusgraph.index.search.hostname: index
ports:
- "8182:8182"
- "8184:8184"
depends_on:
- db
db:
image: scylladb/scylla:4.2.1
ports:
# REST API
- "10000:10000"
# CQL
- "9042:9042"
# Thrift
- "9160:9160"
# Internode
- "7000:7000"
- "7001:7001"
# JMX
- "7199:7199"
# Prometheus
- "9180:9180"
- "9100:9100"
volumes:
- ./data/db/data:/var/lib/db
image: docker.elastic.co/elasticsearch/elasticsearch:6.6.0
environment:
- discovery.type=single-node
- http.host=0.0.0.0
- transport.host=127.0.0.1
ports:
- "9200:9200"
- "9300:9300"
volumes:
- ./data/index/data:/usr/share/index/data

[...]

I cannot open a websocket connection even on my local instance. How do I get the info that would help you determine what's wrong?

Arpan Jain <arpan...@...>

Laura Morales <laur...@...>

Jan Jansen <faro...@...>

https://github.com/testcontainers/testcontainers-java/pull/3021

Author: dependabot-preview[bot] <27856297+dependabot-preview[bot]@users.noreply.github.com>
Date:   Mon Dec 28 11:14:35 2020 +0000

[...]

[ANNOUNCE] JanusGraph 0.5.3 Release

"alex...@gmail.com" <alexand...@...>

The JanusGraph Technical Steering Committee is excited to announce the release of JanusGraph 0.5.3.

JanusGraph is an Apache TinkerPop enabled property graph database with support for a variety of storage and indexing backends. Thank you to all of the contributors.

The release artifacts can be found at this location:
        https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/releases/tag/v0.5.3

A full binary distribution is provided for user convenience:
        https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/releases/download/v0.5.3/janusgraph-full-0.5.3.zip

A truncated binary distribution is provided:
        https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/releases/download/v0.5.3/janusgraph-0.5.3.zip

The online docs can be found here:
    https://docs.janusgraph.org

To view the resolved issues and commits check the milestone here:
    https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/milestone/20?closed=1

Thank you very much,
Oleksandr Porunov

Author: dependabot-preview[bot] <27856297+dependabot-preview[bot]@users.noreply.github.com>

[...]