Scala 2.10 vs. 2.11 build of Janus?


HadoopMarc <m.c.d...@...>
 

Hi Raj,

Do you need Janusgraph's OLAP part?  If not, you might probably succeed in your scala 2.11 project if you simply exclude tinkerpop spark-gremlin from your janusgraph dependency. Note, I did not check the entire dependency tree. However, further proof for my suggestion stems from gremlin-scala which uses either scala-2.11 or scala-2.12:
https://github.com/mpollmeier/gremlin-scala/blob/v3.2.3.4/build.sbt

Cheers,    Marc

Op dinsdag 4 april 2017 14:30:15 UTC+2 schreef raj...@...:


    We are using Scala 2.11.8 in our project but Janusgraph build seems to use scala 2.10.(5/6?) libraries.

 We are wondering if there is near future release (perhaps through maven) with scala 2.11?

 If not, wondering if you already tried that and faced some issues.

We are facing compatability issues in using libraries specific to scala 2.11 such as logging when we try to use an older (several years old in fact) version of scala 2.10.6?

Thanks!
Raj


Jamie Lawson <jamier...@...>
 

You say it would take some work. Do you have a ballpark estimate my customer can use for planning? Presumably, when Tinkerpop 3.3 snapshots get to "candidate" stage, you start tooling for them. After that is it 2 months before you have a release? Is it 4 months? Is it six months? A ballpark number here would be really valuable for planning purposes.


On Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 7:07:35 AM UTC-7, Jason Plurad wrote:
The Scala dependency is defined via Apache TinkerPop. JanusGraph is aligned currently with the TinkerPop 3.2.x branch, which is using Scala 2.10.5 (and Spark 1.6.1). Scala 2.11 (and Spark 2.0.2) is coming with TinkerPop 3.3, but there isn't a schedule in place for that yet.

I'm not aware if anybody has attempted to build JanusGraph against TinkerPop master branch, but I imagine there would be some work involved for any breaking changes.

On Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 8:30:15 AM UTC-4, rajdeep.singh wrote:

    We are using Scala 2.11.8 in our project but Janusgraph build seems to use scala 2.10.(5/6?) libraries.

 We are wondering if there is near future release (perhaps through maven) with scala 2.11?

 If not, wondering if you already tried that and faced some issues.

We are facing compatability issues in using libraries specific to scala 2.11 such as logging when we try to use an older (several years old in fact) version of scala 2.10.6?

Thanks!
Raj


rajdee...@...
 


Thanks Jason!! 

On Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 7:07:35 AM UTC-7, Jason Plurad wrote:
The Scala dependency is defined via Apache TinkerPop. JanusGraph is aligned currently with the TinkerPop 3.2.x branch, which is using Scala 2.10.5 (and Spark 1.6.1). Scala 2.11 (and Spark 2.0.2) is coming with TinkerPop 3.3, but there isn't a schedule in place for that yet.

I'm not aware if anybody has attempted to build JanusGraph against TinkerPop master branch, but I imagine there would be some work involved for any breaking changes.

On Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 8:30:15 AM UTC-4, rajdeep.singh wrote:

    We are using Scala 2.11.8 in our project but Janusgraph build seems to use scala 2.10.(5/6?) libraries.

 We are wondering if there is near future release (perhaps through maven) with scala 2.11?

 If not, wondering if you already tried that and faced some issues.

We are facing compatability issues in using libraries specific to scala 2.11 such as logging when we try to use an older (several years old in fact) version of scala 2.10.6?

Thanks!
Raj


Jason Plurad <plu...@...>
 

The Scala dependency is defined via Apache TinkerPop. JanusGraph is aligned currently with the TinkerPop 3.2.x branch, which is using Scala 2.10.5 (and Spark 1.6.1). Scala 2.11 (and Spark 2.0.2) is coming with TinkerPop 3.3, but there isn't a schedule in place for that yet.

I'm not aware if anybody has attempted to build JanusGraph against TinkerPop master branch, but I imagine there would be some work involved for any breaking changes.


On Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 8:30:15 AM UTC-4, rajdeep.singh wrote:

    We are using Scala 2.11.8 in our project but Janusgraph build seems to use scala 2.10.(5/6?) libraries.

 We are wondering if there is near future release (perhaps through maven) with scala 2.11?

 If not, wondering if you already tried that and faced some issues.

We are facing compatability issues in using libraries specific to scala 2.11 such as logging when we try to use an older (several years old in fact) version of scala 2.10.6?

Thanks!
Raj


rajdee...@...
 


    We are using Scala 2.11.8 in our project but Janusgraph build seems to use scala 2.10.(5/6?) libraries.

 We are wondering if there is near future release (perhaps through maven) with scala 2.11?

 If not, wondering if you already tried that and faced some issues.

We are facing compatability issues in using libraries specific to scala 2.11 such as logging when we try to use an older (several years old in fact) version of scala 2.10.6?

Thanks!
Raj